Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Server Admins - Ingame Admin Tool

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Weather.Rain.Enabled=0
    Weather.Snow.Enabled=1
    put that in your dedicated.cfg
    (in Gportal)

They've also changed commands with the platform update. I was typing in the older command to remove/set a password but it was changed on us. :P

Having a text file with all USABLE commands would be great.

As for the show admin status, they are working on adding it to the admin F3 menu, but you can change your privileges file to default to either show admin status or not:
    <SteamID id="steamID" showColors="1"/> <!--Name--> (admin status = on)
    <SteamID id="steamID" showColors="0"/> <!--Name--> (admins status = off)
    Thanks Emerson!

Currently having an issue where after updating Admin roles in the Privilege file and uploading via FileZilla. After restart the server doesn't recognize anyone as an admin and appears to be overriding the most recent file in FileZilla.

Can anyone give any feedback for this? Thanks!

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtastic View Post
    Currently having an issue where after updating Admin roles in the Privilege file and uploading via FileZilla. After restart the server doesn't recognize anyone as an admin and appears to be overriding the most recent file in FileZilla.

Can anyone give any feedback for this? Thanks!
    Try revising it in gportal now, it is in the configurations, drop down for privileges.

USA Major

All of my options in F3 seem to be working but how to I change to another skirmish area? When I click on it I just get this bold black line but no option to type.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post

All of my options in F3 seem to be working but how to I change to another skirmish area? When I click on it I just get this bold black line but no option to type.

Looks like you are on a drill camp right?

You will need to change the map pack in gportal.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Looks like you are on a drill camp right?

You will need to change the map pack in gportal.
    Ahh... I see thanks Emerson!

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    Hello

This thread describes how to use the admin system

The server requires a privileges.xml file to be present inside the Assets folder (next to all the .pak files)

The file should already be present on your server where you only need to add the SteamIDs that should have admin status. You should be able to select the file on the G-Portal website under Configuration Files. If you are unable to select the file there, you will have to connect to your server via FTP and transfer the file to the server. You can find the connection details (username, password, IP and port) on the G-Portal website after having logged in and selected your server.

Contents of the file:

Code:
    <Privileges>
    	<Privilege Name="Moderator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id="1234567890123457" showColors="1"/> <!-- Name here -->
    			<SteamID id="1234567890123458" showColors="1"/> <!-- Name here -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands>
    			<Command Name="Lobby.Kick.RichId"/>
    			<Command Name="weather.stormfactor.setnewtarget"/>
    			<Command Name="e_timeofday"/>
    			<Command Name="sv_say"/>
    			<Command Name="Platform.Server.Password"/>
    			<Command Name="Platform.Session.Name"/>
    			<Command Name="Admin.ShowAdminStatus"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id="1234567890123459" showColors="1"/> <!-- Name here -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    		<Commands bHasPrevious="true">
    			<Command Name="Lobby.Ban.RichId"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.setnextarea"/>
    			<Command Name="game.skirmish.forceendround"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Senior Administrator">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id="1234567890123456" showColors="1"/> <!-- Name here -->
    		</SteamIDs>
    			<Command Name="g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference"/>
    		</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    	<Privilege Name="Custom Privilege Rank">
    		<SteamIDs>
    			<SteamID id="12345678901234569" showColors="1"/> <!-- Name here -->
    		</SteamIDs>

</Commands>
    	</Privilege>
    </Privileges>
    Complex setup with multiple admin ranks
    Download XML file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g32e9po33w...leges.xml?dl=0

Simple setup with just one admin rank that can use all the specified commands
    Download XML file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nar7kobktb...leges.xml?dl=0

Notice the various groups <Privilege Name="Administrator">. These groups allow you to have different ranks of moderators with different abilities, defined by the commands in that group <Command Name="kick"/>. If bHasPrevious is set to true is defined <Commands bHasPrevious="true">. This group will also be able to use the commands from the previous group.

You can remove any group you want, incase you wanted all admins to have the same abilities. You can also add new groups if lets say, you wanted to have 10 different admin tiers.

Here is a list of commands that might be useful, though technically, any command can be added. The UI is currently hardcoded to always list the same buttons, the buttons will however only function if the related commands are available for that particular users Admin Group. If you add commands that are not available in the UI, they can be triggered by typing them in the console like so: admin.command e_timeofday 11.5

We'll add more examples later

• Lobby.Kick.RichId //Kicks someone. - Syntax: admin.command Lobby.Kick.RichId [SteamID64] "[Reason]" Example: admin.command Lobby.Kick.RichId 1234567890123456 "He was trolling"
    • Lobby.Ban.RichId //Bans someone. - Syntax: admin.command Lobby.Ban.RichId [SteamID64] "[Reason]" [Duration in minutes] Example: admin.command Lobby.Ban.RichId 1234567890123456 "He was trolling" 60
    • e_timeofday //Changes the current time of day. - Syntax: admin.command e_timeofday [0-24] Example: admin.command e_timeofday 11.5
    • weather.stormfactor.setnewtarget //Sets a new target for the weather system to slowly move towards, more or less 30 minutes later, a new stormfactor target will randomly be generated. - Syntax: admin.command weather.stormfactor.setnewtarget [0.0 - 1.0] Example: admin.command weather.stormfactor.setnewtarget 0.6
    • g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference //Controls how much of a percentage, the teams can be offset in terms of amount of players. Set to 1 to completely disable auto balance. - Syntax: admin.command g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference [0.0 - 1.0] Example: admin.command g_teamSizeMaxUserPercentageDifference 0.03

How to find SteamIDs

The SteamID is located in the url once a player has been found and selected
    Steam Search: https://steamcommunity.com/search/users/

If the players SteamID from the previous link is not a number, then use this method, insert the whole steam URL from the previous URL
    The SteamID to use is the numbers in steamID64
    SteamID Finder: https://steamidfinder.com/

When changing skirmish area, you can in the console type game.skirmish.areas which will print the available skirmish areas for the current map, in the console. Next to each skirmish area is a number. For example on Antietam, Dunker Church has number 11. So to switch to that skirmish area. Press E, then enter 11 in the text field to the left of the button Set Next Skirmish Area. Click the button. If you then let the current skirmish area play to the end, the next area will be the specified one. You can however also click Force End Round, which will immediately end the current round and switch to the next round. If no area has been set by an admin, Force End Round simply just moves the game on to the next skirmish area in line.

Players are added to these groups inside <SteamIDs> </SteamIDs> tags. Here is an example:

Code:
    <SteamIDs>
    	<SteamID id="1234567890123456"/> <!-- Johny -->
    	<SteamID id="1234567890123457"/> <!-- Reb -->
    	<SteamID id="1234567890123458"/> <!-- Charlie -->
    	<SteamID id="1234567890123459"/> <!-- Joe -->
    </SteamIDs>
    When banning players, they will be added to a banlist.json file inside the Assets folder. For example for our official servers, banned players are added to "War of Rights Official 12 - US East.json" One way to remove a ban without having to wait for the ban to expire by time, would be to remove this file or open it and remove the particular player ban entry. A different way to unban somebody would be to connect to the server with the game and in the console, type admin.command unbanuser 2234567890123456 with the 16 digit number being the SteamID of the player to unban.
    Is there just a list of admin commands

Hello,

Fudders shared this tip below on how to use the in-game console to use a help function to clarify some available console commnands.

Discord 10/23/21:
    "In the console you can type in a "?" before a category to get all the console commands dumped
    Like ?Game
    or ?Weather
    It will also search for anything containing the word
    Should help you out, I'm sure we'l revisit admin tools at some point
    To my knowledge there is something to make interacting with specific players easier in the next update
    Or maybe its the update after next"

Is there any sort of server documentation for how to operate the GPortal configuration file?
    A list of settings and so on, as to be able to customise the server to have either snow, disabled point, or even enable friendly fire on drill camp?

I've been looking around and it's been quite the time consuming search without any real insights, I couldn't even find a comprehensive list of console commands either, so I've been a bit stumped.

CSA Major

I believe that a lot of the commands have either been changed or removed, to be honest this thread could do with an update but I am not sure if CG currently have the time to do so.