Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Admins - Ingame Admin Tool

Yeah sorry. i didnt see that the first one posted and there isnt a delete button. Any advice on the question though?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    You must be saving the file incorrectly or your Notepad permissions aren't configured correctly on your OS or you are trying to save to a folder which you don't have access to. Try using a freeware program like TextPad perhaps.
    I've tried this and the uploaded file still shows blank when I view/edit.

This is super frustrating and I would seriousally be willing to pay someone to set it up for me at this point. That or limit/shut down the server since I can't administrate it.

Thank you for taking the time to supply all of the advice O'Rourke.It helped us to get to the point were all that was left to fix were some minor coding errors. We have it working now and hopefully, the posts will help the others who come after me also.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    When banning players, they will be added to a NAMEOFTHESERVER.json file inside the Assets folder.
    I do not see this file after banning someone in our server.

Would just typing admin.command banuser Steam ID work for a permanent ban while logged into our server? Tried this but still do not see a file in the Assets folder.

Also, how do you find someone's SteamID? Do you just look up their in-game player name?

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    I do not see this file after banning someone in our server.

Would just typing admin.command banuser Steam ID work for a permanent ban while logged into our server? Tried this but still do not see a file in the Assets folder.
    Hello. We changed the name of the file some time ago to just banlist.json instead of the servername .json. This was because each time server owners renamed their server, the server would then no longer be able to find the file which was called the previous name of the server.

The reason why we originally called the file thenameoftheserver.json was because if multiple servers were running from the same game directory, then each server could store its own individual ban information, it is nowadays though extremely rare that we run multiple servers from the same directory and we then decided renaming the file to banlist.json would be an easy solution to allow for bans to persist when servers are renamed.

I just updated the OP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSpoon View Post
    Also, how do you find someone's SteamID? Do you just look up their in-game player name?
    You can search for players here: https://steamcommunity.com/search/users/ and then the SteamID will be the last 17 numbers in the URL in the top of your browser.

Yesterday we pushed a hotfix for the ingame admin tools. We recently discovered when you execute a command, be that BanUser or game.skirmish.setnextarea, the command would only work on the server if what your client sent to the server, exactly matched what was written in the privileges.xml file iNcLuDiNg LeTtEr CaSeS.

In the tutorial in the original post, BanUser which is probably one of the more important ones, is written as:

<Command Name="banuser"/>

But the command the buttons in both the E menu and the Tab menu executes, is actually BanUser. So if you have followed the tutorial to the letter which most of you probably have, the command would fail. The only way it might have worked for you would be if you manually and casually typed in the console without caps.

admin.command banuser 1278489342759843 3600 'He disrupted our drill'

This should however now have been fixed for all commands as it now ignores cases when it checks if you are authorized to perform that command. Lots of other small fixes have been added to the admin system as well which over all should help make the system a lot more reliable.

Currently the ingame chat will not post a message when an admin kicks someone, though the player should indeed get kicked. We are looking to add that message soon.

Will we be getting 'Airports' to secure? You know. Something Historical. Like when the Continental Army cut off Corwallis's air support in 1776?

CSA Captain

why does my announcements get cut short if its too long?
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

I understand things are in development right now, the message that "Player so and so was banned" is needed for crowd control. However I'd really desire an option later to push two separate messages when admin actions are taken like that. One that is for other admins and states the admin name and one that simply says "The Admin performed X."

It's really counterproductive for admins to be 'outed' yet it's also necessary in the case of rogue admins for other admins to understand who's messing with things. Like a couple weeks ago where an admin just kept 'ending the round' on one server
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n