Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Admins - Ingame Admin Tool

USA Captain

Great work by the team! Hope you guys take some time to eat some well deserved klejner

CSA Sergeant

Question, are there any commands that can allow a one life situation? I know that would peak the interest of any Companies looking to host events.

Thanks!
    Why not?

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LHesche View Post
    Question, are there any commands that can allow a one life situation? I know that would peak the interest of any Companies looking to host events.

Thanks!
    yes!
    Captain Carter, North Carolina - Serving the 6th Louisiana

Ancestry
    Private John Autry - 2nd NC Light Battery Company C
    Sergeant Daniel Autry - 20th NC Infantry Company I
    Private Amos Ammons - 53rd VA Infantry (Unknown company)
    Private Alpheus Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry (Maybe Company A, died in battle, Fisher Hill)
    Private Daniel J. Ammons (DJ) - 51st NC Company K
    Private Reason Ammons - 20th VA Cavalry Company A

And one to turn off the artillery one day? fastyes.gif

Looks good and mighty simple. I'd recommend spacing the commands out a little more on the screen. "Force-ending the round" is a slip of the finger away from "close."

Also after opening and closing it several times I noticed sometimes it just comes up with "close" and no other buttons.

I'm not a big fan of running events by typing out rules. I'd love the ability to announce verbally - muting everyone else's voice during the announcement while making the admin's voice all-present. It's far more effective because not everyone pays attention to written chat all the time and people take a voice more seriously.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    And one to turn off the artillery one day? fastyes.gif

Looks good and mighty simple. I'd recommend spacing the commands out a little more on the screen. "Force-ending the round" is a slip of the finger away from "close."

Also after opening and closing it several times I noticed sometimes it just comes up with "close" and no other buttons.

I'm not a big fan of running events by typing out rules. I'd love the ability to announce verbally - muting everyone else's voice during the announcement while making the admin's voice all-present. It's far more effective because not everyone pays attention to written chat all the time and people take a voice more seriously.
    Having an admin announcement ability would be very nice, whether it's for recruiting or just to provide that little nudge of a reminder to those who are breaking they rules that they'll be kicked/banned for doing so. Not to mention the many other uses admin announcements have, as long as it's not starkly different compared to the rest of the UI (although by nature it kinda will be anyways).

CSA Major

There is an admin announcement feature.

It currently posts a red message in the chat. We probably wont feature a fully up in your face server announcement message.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    It currently posts a red message in the chat. We probably wont feature a fully up in your face server announcement message.
    That'll suffice most likely, thanks.

I don't think an announcement in the chat suffices in the long run, even colored. People don't live and die by chat. I ignore tons of chat, especially when there's a lot of chit chat and senseless banter. Some words printed on the screens of hte players can't be that hard to code.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I don't think an announcement in the chat suffices in the long run, even colored. People don't live and die by chat. I ignore tons of chat, especially when there's a lot of chit chat and senseless banter. Some words printed on the screens of hte players can't be that hard to code.
    We are somewhat cautious about letting admins print big letters in the center of the screen.

We’ve seen how “battles” have been organized in other games where people are more acting out the “script” of the admin (“Red team charge at 4 minutes!”) than actually playing a game with choices.

We’re very much against this as it both kills the actual flow of the game as well as hugely breaks any sort of immersion, so if we ever implement big centered admin messages they will have a considerable cooldown between them.

- Trusty