Thread: about supply wagon

USA Captain

about supply wagon

hi,,,developers.
    Here is a idea to make some new objects,how about a supply wagon to offer ammo(include art ammo ) and water ,or medic to cure oneself,etc

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyeah View Post
    hi,,,developers.
    Here is a idea to make some new objects,how about a supply wagon to offer ammo(include art ammo ) and water ,or medic to cure oneself,etc
    Maybe in the much larger maps supply wagons could become a thing just for ammo? It may be worth more effort than it's worth though.

cool idea. However, I feel like in order to make this feature useful we would have to significantly decrease the amount of ammunition soldiers spawn with.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Soldiers spawn with 40 rounds of ammunition (20 each Roundshot and Buck and Ball for the 1842, 40 for all the other long guns). When was the last time you ran out of ammunition with a muzzleloader?

If you're able to get off 2 aimed shots a minute, you'll take 20 minutes to fire everything. That's about 2 lives per game, since games are ~45 minutes at their longest. Even assuming that you can stay alive for 20 minutes, shooting off all your ammo is an impressive feat that makes me wonder if you should be doing something with the team.

Best,
    Dman979

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    hi,,,developers.
    The required wagon is already in game. It just needs some work.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Soldiers spawn with 40 rounds of ammunition (20 each Roundshot and Buck and Ball for the 1842, 40 for all the other long guns). When was the last time you ran out of ammunition with a muzzleloader?

If you're able to get off 2 aimed shots a minute, you'll take 20 minutes to fire everything. That's about 2 lives per game, since games are ~45 minutes at their longest. Even assuming that you can stay alive for 20 minutes, shooting off all your ammo is an impressive feat that makes me wonder if you should be doing something with the team.

Best,
    Dman979
    Rarely tbh, I've only encountered it 2 maybe 3 times, hell I've only ever done 1 game where I didn't die and that was mostly because we were skirmishing rather than stood in the line.

USA General of the Army

Ammo cart for Arty might add some more depth to the gun bunny units.
    As it stands, less than 1/10th of the unit will likely interact with the field pieces.
    That leaves a ton of guys for guard duty that could easily be available to assist in resupply efforts.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

objective could be multiplied,,,,then you need ammo tp supply,,,,and this game may not fight all the way,,,,how about building floating bridge skill for a soldier ?

USA Captain

how about building floating bridge skill for a soldier ?
    That is for the engineers, so no.

There is no skills here, this ain't yo CoD.