Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacker running wild on the servers

So what was his steamID? Does anyone know?
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    So what was his steamID? Does anyone know?
    He'll be banned on all WoR servers, official and community ones alike.

- Trusty

His Steam ID is the same as the Steam ID in the OP, so it's the same person.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    He'll be banned on all WoR servers, official and community ones alike.

- Trusty
    The ban hammer comes down hard!

I don't wanna make another thread about it, but what about notorious trolls? There is a guy named Andy Pipkin, who is a notorious troll, he constantly tells people to press F9, sure, we can mute that. But he also tk's people, deserves a ban just as well.

Just a heads up, since the last update, i have seen two hackers, using the teleport hack, they teleport towards you, stab you with lightning speed and teleport away again. One of them was name Relikk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    Just a heads up, since the last update, i have seen two hackers, using the teleport hack, they teleport towards you, stab you with lightning speed and teleport away again. One of them was name Relikk.
    Thanks for the headsup!

We introduced a way one can “speedhack” by accident if one does certain things at certain times in the last update.

This glitch will be fixed in the next update. While unfortunate that we introduced this, it did help us locate and fix the root issue that hackers have been exploiting in the past so expect speedhacking to be a thing of the past in the next update (until they find new exploits at least).

- Trusty

To whom it may concern,

I encountered a likely hacker this evening on the 6th Alabama server. We were playing Burnside's Bridge and were holding a position. The Confederates charged us and broke. As I was attempting to chase down a Confederate soldier who had just fired at me, turned and ran, I noticed he was reloading as he was running away from me. At first I thought it might be an animation glitch, but he ran me to the out of bounds "abandoning my men" notice. As I turned around to run back to my lines, he shot me.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    To whom it may concern,

I encountered a likely hacker this evening on the 6th Alabama server. We were playing Burnside's Bridge and were holding a position. The Confederates charged us and broke. As I was attempting to chase down a Confederate soldier who had just fired at me, turned and ran, I noticed he was reloading as he was running away from me. At first I thought it might be an animation glitch, but he ran me to the out of bounds "abandoning my men" notice. As I turned around to run back to my lines, he shot me.
    Hello,

Thanks for the report.

That is likely an animation glitch.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    I'm going to confirm that this is still going on. We had two tonight, both of them just had squares where their names should have been, and it's not the first time we've had this problem either.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.