Thread: Officer And Nco Restriction on Drill Camps

CSA Captain

Officer And Nco Restriction on Drill Camps

Is it possible to remove the NCO and Officer restriction the drill camps?

It would make it easier for different groups when they have training's being able to choose the rank they have in their groups.
    Especially now when we have seen such a stark increase in group sizes and of the player base as a whole

USA Captain

I have been told that it is not possible to separate just on the drill camps per the devs. It is all or nothing in this case.

My latest request is to have this available as a server command. This way we can have our dedicated drill camp servers have the option of class restrictions turned off.

USA 1st Lieutenant

On a related note, it would be nice if we could have the regimental restrictions removed, too. It's frustrating to be limited to just 16 people with the 42nd's Bucktail.

Best,
    Dman979

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    On a related note, it would be nice if we could have the regimental restrictions removed, too. It's frustrating to be limited to just 16 people with the 42nd's Bucktail.

Best,
    Dman979
    That was implemented for balancing so you do not have everyone going the regiment with a carbine or the regiments with a pistol, sword, and carbine. Previously on other maps the Union could crush Confederates because of it.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    That was implemented for balancing so you do not have everyone going the regiment with a carbine or the regiments with a pistol, sword, and carbine. Previously on other maps the Union could crush Confederates because of it.
    I meant in the drill camp. I totally understand and agree with the battle restrictions.

Best,
    Dman979

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    I meant in the drill camp. I totally understand and agree with the battle restrictions.

Best,
    Dman979
    I'd assume it's the same reason why we can't have unlimited NCOs and Officers in the drill camp, devs cannot separate the two.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    I'd assume it's the same reason why we can't have unlimited NCOs and Officers in the drill camp, devs cannot separate the two.
    I'm sure that's true with the current system, but since this thread is about changes to that code, I thought it would be worthwhile to expand upon the potential changes. After all, the game is still very much in Early Access, so any and all suggestions are theoretically possible.

Best,
    Dman979