Thread: F9 Death Griefing to Erode Morale

F9 Death Griefing to Erode Morale

So I was in F9 mode myself, camera at main spawn and not moving due to eating food in real life and greasy fingers

I notice two players, their names made up of squares, constantly spawning in and dying over and over again. This must have gone on for at least 15 minutes. At the end if it I noticed they had gone back to the other team.

Now I’m not 100% sure why they were doing this but I am suspicious. That was a heck of a lot of tickets these two players chewed up before going back to their team.

Which begs another question; why are you allowed to insta-swap teams in WoR?

This lends itself to trolling in so many ways. One way is above.

Another way is you can spawn in as the opposing team at any time, see and hear their disposition, then spawn back as your own team all in under one minute.

Forgot to post my suggestion re above.

1. No side swapping allowed after you select a team for that map (unless forced to by auto-balancing).

2. If someone F9 suicides 3 times on one map it is treated like 3 team kills and they are banned from the server for a period of time.

(Note as per the other F9 thread IMO F9 roaming should be for server admins only and switched off by default.)

I would not ban people for using the F9 mode three times, that seems unnecessary. And as for the spawning on the other team, you could do that without the spectator camera. The unfortunate downside to the spectator camera is that it can be abused like that (and I would put solid money down that those square boxes had Chinese lettering in them). And the issue is, you cannot just make the F9 camera fewer tickets or none at all because then people will just use that to avoid dying and costing more tickets.

Just make a short cool down when you switch teams to spectate or back to a team before you can switch again. Presumably spectate will be its own team at some point later on so you may lose a spot on a team if autobalance is enabled.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

What about make a spectator 'team' where they get all the camera controls from F9 and they are not affected by auto-balance or tickets? Idk just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim-Bob View Post
    What about make a spectator 'team' where they get all the camera controls from F9 and they are not affected by auto-balance or tickets? Idk just a suggestion.
    Each spectator = 1 less player, so I’m fine with that as long as there is a maximum amount of slots allocated for spectators.

And spectators cannot use text chat while watching.