Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drill Camp Firing Range Improvements

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    You can if you go outside the firing range. Don't know about fed side but I usually prop myself up on the hill behind the range on csa and it's around 300 yards
    And if you go back to the corn, it's ~430 yards. You can still make shots from there- if you can see the target.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Terrarisk View Post
    Also have the ability to shoot from longer ranges 150+ meters
    We typically change our server to CSA drill camp just so we can shoot longer distances.... shouldn't have to do that as a Union regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    We typically change our server to CSA drill camp just so we can shoot longer distances.... shouldn't have to do that as a Union regiment.
    Good idea!

USA Private

Don’t get me started on the shooting range. I was with the 1st Cav during their shooting event on Saturday. I was in spectator mode watching the targets. Suffice to say the indicator is NOT accurate as to where the bullets actually hit. It was completely random.

Also, it would be nice if the desertion zone was pushed just past the fourth set of targets.
    Sergeant in the 1st Cav.

aka HARRY GODWIN

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Don’t get me started on the shooting range. I was with the 1st Cav during their shooting event on Saturday. I was in spectator mode watching the targets. Suffice to say the indicator is NOT accurate as to where the bullets actually hit. It was completely random.

Also, it would be nice if the desertion zone was pushed just past the fourth set of targets.
    Thank you for the report.

The hits shown on the targets are correct for the actual killing bullets.

You seeing bullets fly elsewhere than the actual hits is where the inconsistency is at (client based calculations that differ from each other).

The visual bullets are not the actual killing bullets - it's a visual representation of what is non visible (code).

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The visual bullets are not the actual killing bullets - it's a visual representation of what is non visible (code).
    Are player positions subject to this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Are player positions subject to this as well?
    It's impossible for me to give an answer.

Everything in an online environment is not truly accurate - this is due to latency.

Some is more losely calculated on a client basis without the server informing the client what to calculate exactly in order to increase server performance which effectly means some things are more inaccurate (if you compare several client calculations to each other) than others.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Everything in an online environment is not truly accurate - this is due to latency.
    I understand that, I'm just wondering if player positions can be off as much as bullet hits on client side.

Shooting the 125m while actually seeing the details of the target would be an improvement. That goes for the whole game, not just the firing range, and not just at max details

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    Shooting the 125m while actually seeing the details of the target would be an improvement. That goes for the whole game, not just the firing range, and not just at max details
    We are limited by pixels as any other game.

- Trusty