Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prevent Rambo Spam

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    The published Roadmap is about new features and technical improvements, not fundamental gameplay design issues we all know exist and need addressing.

Most of the ideas in this forum actually go towards addressing gameplay shortcomings (by that I mean how we play WoR).

Examples; nothing specifically in the Roadmap addresses the issue of how we will select Officers in the future.

Or in the case of this thread there’s nothing I can see in the Roadmap that will address the issue of further reigning in Rambos/lone wolves.
    It is impossible for us to create a roadmap based on the current alpha tester feedback - 1: the feedback is not all the same, 2: it would change hugely from day to day, week to week, 3: it would take a lot of time to gather all feedback, discuss it internally and then present our stance on each bit of it. Your best visual indicator for how we react to feedback is the weekly alpha update.

Lastly, the roadmap is a roadmap - not the complete design document of the game. This is used internally only as its features change hugely before they reach any sort of test-ready state.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

meh ... we are probably letting our impatience get the better of us, is all.
    New Year's Resolution anyone? ;P
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

All this being said, maybe there are other ways to open up communication between the devs and the community. Perhaps a monthly "here's what we worked on/here's what we did and a teaser!" type newsletter? Find a helpful community member to write it up and boom: free real estate.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    All this being said, maybe there are other ways to open up communication between the devs and the community. Perhaps a monthly "here's what we worked on/here's what we did and a teaser!" type newsletter? Find a helpful community member to write it up and boom: free real estate.
    +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

just a small teaser like: working on a new Regiment or try to fix bug XY are always interesting

or a monthly newsletter with a small review of the last month, what did you guys achieved or what you would like to achieve next month.

sometimes fancy drops a bit and it is always great to see what you guys are doing. We dont want to control your work we are just hyped WoR freaks who need some breadcrumbs to survive until the next patch
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

just a small teaser like: working on a new Regiment or try to fix bug XY are always interesting

or a monthly newsletter with a small review of the last month, what did you guys achieved or what you would like to achieve next month.

sometimes fancy drops a bit and it is always great to see what you guys are doing. We dont want to control your work we are just hyped WoR freaks who need some breadcrumbs to survive until the next patch
    Not even as hypefreaks, I just...I can see why hype outside of our biosphere is dying for this game. We're down 32.24% from last month, and while that still equates to a popularity rise of over 900% compared to pre-EA, we are in the dangerous position that ALL niche games find themselves just after EA launch. People want to see that this game is still being worked on, and EA backers get burned regularly. Yes, this dev team works non-stop, WE know that. WE see the weekly updates, and WE know the game won't just be dropped after the next patch...but the general public doesn't. So in my opinion just a little monthly newsletter about what the dev team is doing would do wonders, even if that update is just "You can expect a new rock texture this week!"
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!