Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: War of Rights Community Shoot

USA General of the Army

War of Rights Community Shoot

About

The War of Rights Community shoot is a team shooting contest in which teams of 5 from across the community take will good head to head with one another for the title of "best shoots" in the community. The contest will be presided over by a team of referees from both sides and headed by myself, Captain Roy Stone of the 42nd Pennsylvania.

The two contests will be spread across a number of days and all shoots will be presided over. It is an open contest to both sides and will be a reoccurring event with chances to knock the previous winners for the top spot. I'm hoping this will be a fun running contest that causes friendly competition. Any team or individual being an ass will be thrown off the board and their results made void. Please see below for more details.

General

1. The referee's verdict is final. Do not argue with the decision of a referee on the range.
    2. Should you wish to dispute a referee's choice please do so off the field in private channels.
    3. If you can not agree and feel it needs to go further please bring it to me after first informing the referee you will be doing so.
    4. Be civil to all teams and individuals on the range. Do not fire out of turn and disrupt the shooters.
    5. Keep the competitiveness and any heckling to a friendly and acceptable level.
    6. The Rifle that will be used will the be the Enfield M1853.
    7. The target to be fired upon will the be 4th set of targets. Aka. the ones furthest away.
    8. All teams will be expected to aim at the center target of the three targets in this group.
    9. All shots will be taken in the standing position against the wooden bar.
    10. All shooters will have 10 seconds to take their shot
    11. Points will be scored as 1 for the outer black ring, 2 for the outer white ring, 3 for the middle black ring, 4 for the inner white ring and 5 for a center hit.
    12. Any break in the line will count as a hit to that line. A 5 pointer muster be center mass with no excess into the inner white. See image for reference.
    13. All shots will be scored by the judges using the red hitmarker. What you see vs what the referee sees WILL differ.
    14. There will be two referees at any shoot.

Team Rules

1. A team will consist of 5 shooters from the same clan with 2 reserve shooters of any rank.
    2. This does not mean 5 shooter per company per community. This means 5 shooters from one community full stops.
    3. There is only one exception to this rule. A community that has a dedicated EU and NA company may send 5 different shooters to the EU time and the NA time.
    4. Teams will shoot on their own range. This means CSA will shoot on the CSA range and visa versa.
    5. Organised times will be established by the referees which teams may attend. There will be 3 times in total both EU and NA.
    6. All teams attending the given times will be given a chance to shoot.
    7. Each shooter will get 3 shots on that team.
    8. All shooters will shoot from the same spot at the same target.
    9. The team score will be totalled when the last shot is taken.
    10. Once a team is finished they must give way in good order to the next team.
    11. If a team fails to attend any of the times then they will be disqualified.
    12. If a team harasses another team or fires out of turn they may be disqualified.
    13. If a team is found to be using people form outside their clan they will be disqualified.

5 Points, 4 Points, 2 Points and a miss.

Examples for 4 Points, 3 Points and 1 Point.

If you are a unit looking to compete please fill out below so we know you are planning on coming. We do not want to be swamped by a unit we do not expect which could lead to lack of referees.

Code:
    Leader's Steam url:
    Regiment Name:
    Team Captain:
    Team Members? (Rank & Name):
    NA/EU/Both?:
    Have you read the rules and will you agree to abide by them?:
    If you would like to be a referee please fill out the following. Understand that referees can not partake in the shooting nor judge the unit that they are a part of.

Code:
    Your url:
    Regiment Name:
    Why do you think you'll be a good ref?:
    NA/EU/Both?:
    Have you read the rules and will you agree to abide by them impartially?:

If you have any questions in regards to the contest or the rules please feel free to add me on steam: Capt. Roy Stone
    Last edited by Bravescot; 01-19-2019 at 06:19 PM.

USA General of the Army

EU

42nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: First Sergeant Ranch
    Shooters: Lance Corporal Blett, Lance Corporal Taylor, Private Jackson, Private Rehr
    Reserves: Private Leth & Volunteer Larsen

7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: Captain Suwarow
    Shooters: Sergeant Alexander, Corporal DasRuss, Corporal Mr. Green, Private Dry and Private UglyMan
    Reserves: Captain Suwarow

52nd New York State Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: Private Mathias Linser
    Shooters: Private O`Keefe, Private Mendes, Private Biek and Private Devers
    Reserve: Volunteer Ryant, Volunteer Wieck

6th Alabama Infatry Regiment
    Team Captain: Corporal Les
    Shooters: Sergeant Major Mustang, Private First Class Dark, Private Clärk & Recruit Daskeladden90
    Reserves: Lance Corporal Joe & Private Second Class Wellesley

18th North Carolina Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: First Sergeant Schimmelfennig
    Shooters: First Sergeant Biene, Private Tjaden, Private Hurricane & Corporal Kontner
    Reserves: Corporal Lemuel todd & Volunteer Brahmer

NA

42nd Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: Officer Cadet Corbin
    Shooters: Lance Corporal McAdams, Private Lowe, Private Van Dyne, Private Jacobson
    Reserves: Volunteer Robinson & Volunteer Lombardi

2nd New Jersey Volunteer Infantry Regiment
    Team Captain: Captain LuckyLad
    Shooters: Sergeant Parzival, Corporal Diablog, Private WoodyBoyz, and Recruit Rpratt
    Reserves: N/A

1st Maine Volunteer Cavalary
    Team Captain: First Lieutenant Frank
    Shooters: First Lieutenant Shifty, First Lieutenant Krieger, First Lieutenant Lucky Buck & Major Staples
    Reserves: Private. Hemingway & Corporal Avoid
    Last edited by Bravescot; 01-25-2019 at 06:31 PM.

USA Captain

Good Bravescot! Why not use the Enfield 1853, its the best sharpshooter rifle?
    Last edited by Frank69; 01-14-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank69 View Post
    Good Bravescot! Why not use the Enfield 1853, its the best sharpshooter rifle?
    Correct me of course if I am wrong for thinking this, I'm all for either weapon. But the M1855 Springfield poses a greater challenge, than the Enfield 1853, looking at the difference in the two calibers, which isn't that big of a difference, but in terms of accuracy the Enfield would have a greater advantage, hence giving it's user a slightly better advantage. The Enfield fires a .577 whereas the M1855 fires a .58 (the smaller the projectile, the more accurate at long distances)

The sights also seem to be better improved on the Enfield 1853 (at least in my opinion and use of both weapons prior).

USA General of the Army

You’re not wrong, just felt the Springfield was the better suited due to being the home field rifle rather than imported. If most units want the rifle swapped to the Enfield M1853 then I am all for it.

USA 1st Lieutenant

I'd like to propose using the Springfield M1842, Buck and Ball.

In seriousness, though, I'm looking forward to this!

Best,
    Dman979

USA General of the Army

Should be good! Just need teams to start signing up so we can get dates sorted. Only issue is everyone is trying to form their teams so no sign ups for a bit!

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

We'll put in our 5 guys for NA. Springfield or Enfield makes no difference to us.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Dane Karlsen View Post
    If we don't get atleast Top. 3 you can all call me a Swede for a month!
    HAHA....But I thought you were German?

Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA