Thread: SC Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum

SC Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum

Hello all!

About a week ago I contacted the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum to get information on the flags/equipment/uniforms in their collection.

Which includes the flag of company "C" 15th South Carolina Infantry Regiment for an example.

I told the lady that answered my call that I was trying to get information on the flags and equipment used by Confederate troops from South Carolina in the war and during The Maryland Campaign of 1862.

I also told her that my wish was to assist the developers at Campfire Games with the research.

She basically said that I needed to fill out a research form and that usually they charge for research but the Museum Director was willing to waive the fee based on the fact that War Of Rights is almost entirely crowd funded.

The Museum is impressed with the game and the nice lady I spoke with said that the game "is meticulously researched".

She also wanted to know if there is any way to credit the museum for this research.

Just wanted to put this out there.

Best,

Johnny Reb
    Last edited by Johnny_Reb_1865; 01-16-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Hey there Johnny Reb,

Thank you for reaching out! I will be getting ahold of the museum to follow up tomorrow, and through that we can definitely see about crediting the museum for their help.
    GeorgeCrecy

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Very Cool! !

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hey there Johnny Reb,

Thank you for reaching out! I will be getting ahold of the museum to follow up tomorrow, and through that we can definitely see about crediting the museum for their help.
    GeorgeCrecy
    My pleasure Mr. Crecy!

I'll be sure to reach out to other museums if I can find the time.

USA General of the Army

FYI the NC museum of history has a huge collection of original items and uniforms along with flags as well.

Hey there Johnny Reb,
    While we certainly appreciate your enterprising spirit, perhaps it might be best for our company to reach out to these organizations first, but please keep posting any suggestions of good places to try and contact, and we can vet the place and see if we currently need to contact them.
    Thanks again!
    GeorgeCrecy

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    Hey there Johnny Reb,
    While we certainly appreciate your enterprising spirit, perhaps it might be best for our company to reach out to these organizations first, but please keep posting any suggestions of good places to try and contact, and we can vet the place and see if we currently need to contact them.
    Thanks again!
    GeorgeCrecy
    You're welcome George!

You should reach out to the North Carolina Museum Of History.