Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absurd Racist Behavior

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    That took some people in the community four threads and probably fifty or so pages of dialogue to figure out.
    McMuffin you should know this is not my first rodeo. I understand nothing will be %100, but something has to be done. Being told that it took fifty pages of
    dialogue on the topic to accomplish nothing, tells me there's a large disconnect from the players and CG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    There is no effort being on this.
    Except auto bans for tk'ers, mute options that mute both text and voip chat, in-game admin controls for admins, official server admins that will ban people they see that misbehave.

We are not going back to player reports - we tried that once and the community turned on itself - wasting everyone's time in the process.

We currently get player reports about players running away and dying as a flag bearer, players taking the officer slots, server admins changing map or time of day 5 times in a row, etc.

As it is we are able to ignore these reports as they are naturally not to be acted upon due to their non-important reported "troublemakers" due to our policy of not accepting player reports.

Did we accept player reports we would have to review each of these cases and get back to each individual reporting "wrongdoings" which would waste a huge amount of time.

Lastly, player reports are not to be trusted entirely as they are only one side of the story (this is why we only act on people we ourselves are catching doing bad stuff) - we learned that when we accepted player reports during the crowdfunding campaign. Often it would end up with two guys (or two companies) countering each other by reporting each other - we'd then have to interview guys ("witnesses") before being able to come to a conclusion - again a massive time sink.

In the end it did nothing but harm the community. Entire companies were turned against each other because of it.

And yes, muting a player on the tab view will mute him in the text chat as well.

- Trusty

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Everything will eventually work itself out as long as the people who really do care about this community keep those individuals out of our companies and out of our private servers. It's a joint effort.

Yes. Any serious company will keep these people far away from anything they do. If you don't step on the worm, no one notices it. Just mute and forget these people who have nothing better to do than to spew garbage onto an online game. Let's work together to keep this game great!
    "Chaplain Douglas"

Named after the 43rd Mississippi Infantry's pet camel. Confederate player. Acting Chaplain of the 6th Louisiana Infantry (Company D)
    Playing War of Rights in honor of one my Civil War Vet ancestors: Pvt. William C. Parham, 43rd Mississippi Infantry Co. A
    ~I am an American; free born and free bred, where I acknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior, except for his own demerit~
    -Teddy Roosevelt

CSA Captain

Dear diary,

Today I saw my 5th thread about the same topic, and it still solved nothing.

Hope to see you again soon,
    LaBelle.

P.S. I think I started my first period!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Diary entry No.481

This morning I saw someone in the 1800s acting like someone from the 1800s, I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. Maybe people should be censored for historical accuracy, and realism.

Anyways, I have to go now, back to work TOBY! God damn it.

Sincerely,

- Finlay
    War of Rights Community Steam Group
    Owner
    Est. October 29th, 2016

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Diary entry No.481

This morning I saw someone in the 1800s acting like someone from the 1800s, I don't know what is happening with the world we live in. Maybe people should be censored for historical accuracy, and realism.

Anyways, I have to go now, back to work TOBY! God damn it.

Sincerely,

- Finlay
    It is no excuse for racist language.

Mute the player, report the player and move on.
    Thread locked.