Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abusing Teamkilling

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Not quite sure I understand the issue you’re reporting with not experiencing last stand.

The round is still able to be won (or lost) when the capture point changes hands from the defender to the attacker. This will not produce end game events as the main objective of the round is now taken/lost.

- Trusty
    I'm talking about when a team outnumbers the defenders and is able to overwhelm it in a very short amount of time before the defender can recover from the initial attack to mount a defense. But, since you've said they are meant to round closure events it wouldn't make any difference.

yeah its getting a little out of hand......

CSA Captain

I think making TK's only visible to the person who TK' ed, the one that was TK'ed and the admin wasnt the best. I think the reason was to not have the chat be clogged up. but its better if everyone can see someone that doing it repeatedly.

And the requirement for the auto temp ban for team killers are to lax. if the autoban was stricter it would in my opinion help with the problem.

USA Captain

That said, the teamkilling (mostly accidental, I believe) was through the roof on the Hill's Counterattack map last night. Chat would have been nothing but red!
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Hill's counterattack can be kind of confusing at first since some of the Confederates wear blue. Pretty much all experienced players know that though and it ends up being fine during organized events.

USA Captain

yeah, this was Union team killing. There was a main line on the fence and folks kept shooting at skirmishers in advanced positions, mostly wearing Zouave uniforms.
    But yes, the blue-clad Confederates can be tough. I know I have hesitated shooting and paid for it on that map.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA