Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spectator Camera

CSA Major

Spectator Camera

Please add this as an option so that we have something to do after being killed in "Last Stand" mode. 8 minutes is a long time to twiddle your thumbs.

This is coming.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    This is coming.

- Trusty
    Nice.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    This is coming.

- Trusty
    OUTSTANDING! Thanks, Trusty.

For dead players in general or just during last stand mode? Either one would obviously result in a great deal of gamey espionage easily done even if dead and spectating players couldn't talk to their living teammates due to the widespread use of 3rd party voice programs. It's only higher stakes when you're permanently stuck spectating for the rest of the round with nothing to do but continue to invest in the team you just went down for.

Unless we're talking about a new spectator cam that follows friendly players from the 1st person perspective.

BTW, the default camera position when you join the server should really be changed to a position that isn't on the objective or in the middle of it. It should be higher in the air where you don't hear the conversations of the opposing team when you just came in. Very often it's right where one team is sitting and contemplating what to do. It should be high enough in the sky to not pick up voice.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 01-29-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

It's an all new team-only spectator mode during last stand.

Work is just about to get underway on it so I can't give specifics yet.

- Trusty

Third person would be more entertaining to spectate, even a fixed third person view. A first person view would allow the minimal ghosting opportunities though. Some things I think do chip away at the integrity of a game if not done carefully. All options with dead people spectating do this, even ones where a guy is killed and lays on the ground and can hear the enemy talk or see them amass nearby out of the corner of his screen. It's better to avoid as much of that as possible. People want to be able to move and do things without thinking they're facing an eye-in-the-sky or over someone's shoulder or a wiretapped dead body nearby.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

I agree with Poorlaggedman.

All those guys hooked up on Teamspeak and Discord and the dead ones won’t tell their friends about where the enemy is or other info?

USA General of the Army

Agreed
    Spectator mode, even if it contained an automatic in-game voice and chat mute, will change nothing.
    Spies will always do their deeds and giving them FREE Hot Air Balloon Rides will only serve to increase their impact on the battle.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I like this idea though it should be optional on when to enable and disable it per server depending on the game mode.