Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spectator Camera

Spectator camera may take a while to produce, we know, but in the interim can we at the very least have the chat panel while we're in that screen? That'll at least give us something to do while we're waiting for ~5 minutes, or however long it is.

I know this has the potential to be abused.. but as above it's not much different than guys in TS or Discord, with the bonus of keeping people in the game and engaged with their team while they hang out waiting for the end of the round.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    For dead players in general or just during last stand mode? Either one would obviously result in a great deal of gamey espionage easily done even if dead and spectating players couldn't talk to their living teammates due to the widespread use of 3rd party voice programs. It's only higher stakes when you're permanently stuck spectating for the rest of the round with nothing to do but continue to invest in the team you just went down for.

Unless we're talking about a new spectator cam that follows friendly players from the 1st person perspective.

BTW, the default camera position when you join the server should really be changed to a position that isn't on the objective or in the middle of it. It should be higher in the air where you don't hear the conversations of the opposing team when you just came in. Very often it's right where one team is sitting and contemplating what to do. It should be high enough in the sky to not pick up voice.
    Yes, but that works both ways, and in the end, probably equals a zero sum.

So we should just accept the totally-preventable reality of leaving hot mics all over the place and effortless (mandatory even) spectating?

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Spies will always do their deeds and giving them FREE Hot Air Balloon Rides will only serve to increase their impact on the battle.
    That doesn't mean you make people darn-near involuntary spies.

And spectator mode will eventually be a separate team of some sort so that it will be more obvious when key people are lurking in spectate. I don't think it happens as often as people cry about nevertheless it's a knock on the integrity of the competition. The competition needs to become and remain a scared part of the game. Look at the NFL if you want to see an organization constantly angering its fan base through wildly inconsistent refereeing and penalty calls.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

Not saying there isn't a solution but just not sure we have found it ...yet.

Lol True
    NFL knee jerk reaction to appease whiners is a common practice among game building but rarely ends well for the game or the players.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Captain

Please don't add another spectator camera. Please also get rid of the cinematic camera. We don't need either, it serves no purpose other than to take up server slots, and whatever value we may have gotten from the totally rad youtubers using it in their videos is gone.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Major

Spectator camera can be a problem in Rising Storm 2, and not for the reason of people passing on enemy intel to their own team. Folk will sit in spectator slots waiting for their preferred team to open up, causing a 64 player game to become a 51 player game whilst the remaining thirteen wait for US Marines to free up - which it never does. The teams remain imbalanced to the point of absurdity and the game experience diminishes because of it.

I would recommend making spectator mode a server option.

I’m talking about a specific spectator camera when you are dead as the defender in last stand - not a new spectator option in general.

- Trusty

CSA Major

If not a spectator camera, then what? A player gets killed and can't spawn back in, and is stuck for too long waiting for the game to end. Give them something game related to do while they wait.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I’m talking about a specific spectator camera when you are dead as the defender in last stand - not a new spectator option in general.

- Trusty
    Exactly what I was asking for to start with. I'd never agree to one that allows the enemy to fly over my line and report back.

can you imagine the possibilities!