Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Add announcements for when teams reach breaking

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Could just show the compass/morale counter each time as well (we currently already show it when one side is close to having depleted all its morale and when the time is close to run out as well as when the enemy is capping the area).

- Trusty
    I don't know that I've ever noticed it. Not sure about the others but if that's the case there definitely needs to be something to draw your attention to it. Rebel yells and Huzzah's might do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    I don't know that I've ever noticed it. Not sure about the others but if that's the case there definitely needs to be something to draw your attention to it. Rebel yells and Huzzah's might do it.
    It's not really something the user notice in our experience - more so when it isn't there.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Another idea could be to record a bunch of union hurrahs and rebel yells and have them trigger from each player of your team whenever the enemy goes down a level in morale and maybe play a more quiet variant of it for the enemy.

- Trusty
    Love this idea!

But we need a good ZOO ZOO ZOO for the 9th NY maps.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Love this idea!

But we need a good ZOO ZOO ZOO for the 9th NY maps.
    Agreed

Day of Defeat, once upon a time, had a cool feature where players could place markers on the minimap ("MG," "Sniper," etc.). When one was place a little exclamation point came up in the corner of the screen. It was subtle enough to not really be noticed but it still let you know you just got intel that might be useful. I like subtle things like that. Why the bastards got rid of that (and many other features) I'll never know. A very short little drum roll in WoR would be preferable to something else, even the compass/team morale header showing up suddenly. I know we can disable much of the UI but I'd prefer it just showed up less or only when summoned. I'll be recording and thinking I'm making a movie or something and then that big ugly compass and timer shows up, or some officer's lines will plop down in my screen.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Captain

The officer line shield is my bane. Particularly when it is one of those officers who lay those bad boys down and making it rain.
    I can't see, man. It's worse than gunsmoke.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

It'd be nice if the icons became more transparent when centered on my screen or disappeared entirely while aiming.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    It'd be nice if the icons became more transparent when centered on my screen or disappeared entirely while aiming.
    exactly this!
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Another idea could be to record a bunch of union hurrahs and rebel yells and have them trigger from each player of your team whenever the enemy goes down a level in morale and maybe play a more quiet variant of it for the enemy.

- Trusty
    I like this idea

Quote Originally Posted by Cairnsy44 View Post
    The officer line shield is my bane. Particularly when it is one of those officers who lay those bad boys down and making it rain.
    I can't see, man. It's worse than gunsmoke.
    This is also a big Immersion killer. Would be great if there was a hot key to turn them on and off on the fly