Thread: Crazy Idea I have.

Crazy Idea I have.

As a last resort you should be able to load your ramrod and fire it.

RhettVito
    no please no

As in Sharpe's Rifles series? Might be nice if 3 come at you, you drop one, quick fire and drop the second and melee with the third....BUT that would mean new animations on all rifles for something that is highly situational

Hm, I am not even sure if what could be done with a Napoleonic rifle could still be done in this time period. The cartridge contains the bullet and if you add the rod, you may very well near block your rifle and blow up the barrel. You could perhaps bite off the bullet entirely...still the rod is heavier than the bullet ... and weapons are always made to barely withstand normal operation over the expected lifetime of the weapon
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-09-2019 at 06:47 AM.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    Hm, I am not even sure if what could be done with a Napoleonic rifle could still be done in this time period. The cartridge contains the bullet and if you add the rod, you may very well near block your rifle and blow up the barrel. You could perhaps bite off the bullet entirely...still the rod is heavier than the bullet ... and weapons are always made to barely withstand normal operation over the expected lifetime of the weapon
    I'm sorry, what? Adding a ramrod is not going to block the barrel. Most rifles in game have ramrods that are significantly smaller than the bore diameter.

Also, contrary to popular belief, ramrods do not go sailing across the field when they are fired. On a good day you'd be lucky if it went 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Adding a ramrod is not going to block the barrel. Most rifles in game have ramrods that are significantly smaller than the bore diameter.

Also, contrary to popular belief, ramrods do not go sailing across the field when they are fired. On a good day you'd be lucky if it went 20 yards.
    I want to be able to throw my bayonetted rifle as a spear and pin 3 enemies to the nearest tree. :P

To the OP:

You you can provide proof of a great amount of ramrods being used as ammunition during the war we will add it to the game.

- Trusty

As fun as that might sound, now you have a useless 57 3/8 inch piece of wood and iron that utimately is still the Governmemt's property.

It did happen, at Gettysburg a few years back there was a incident where a ramrod was left in at the heat of battle and skewered a reenactor. Not fun.
    Infantry Battalion Commander
    Major

Army of the West

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I want to be able to throw my bayonetted rifle as a spear and pin 3 enemies to the nearest tree. :P

To the OP:

You you can provide proof of a great amount of ramrods being used as ammunition during the war we will add it to the game.

- Trusty
    What if I provide proof of no infantry assault on Harper's Ferry around the time of Antietam? Will you stop working on Harper's Ferry maps?
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    What if I provide proof of no infantry assault on Harper's Ferry around the time of Antietam? Will you stop working on Harper's Ferry maps?
    You must have missed my post in the screens and videos thread. :P

Would you have recreated Harpers Ferry only to feature an arty siege and a surrender before things got messy I wonder?

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

- Trusty
    Accidentally used, there are quite a few.

I always felt the game would be better if it had a manual reload process of some sort so that players could screw it up and deviate in their reload speeds but it's not essential. It's mainly because the act of loading is such a big part of the game.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n