Thread: Fully mappable control keys

Fully mappable control keys

Some action keys cannot be assigned to other actions (like Tab, Tilde, LBM, RBM) and unfortunately the ones I mentioned are the most important in my preferred setup.
    Can you dev's do something about those fixed keys? Would you do something about these keys?

For example, in my case, I simply find WASD too prone to mistakes (press q instead of w, or needing to look at the keys to be sure, etc). Instead, I prefer having a tactile fixed point of reference (hand on the left side of the kb, A fwd, Z bk, Tab fire, Shift sprint, maybe Caps for something else, tilde talk, TAB is always felt by 2 fingers, thus the rest are always aligned or can resume position instantly).

For the mouse, I prefer and use the RBM and LBM for left and right. Fire is Tab and aim is Space. That way, the mouse hand is relaxed for precise movements. When you press and hold the LBM for aiming, fine movement is impaired.

As you see, it's a legit thing (for me, at least) and I hope for others as well. Is there a reason why those actions were excluded?
    Thankfully the game promotes firing while static so it is playable... but YOU try doing drill and such on a kb setup you're not familiar with !
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-09-2019 at 04:37 AM. Reason: grammar and details