Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'd like to better see the enemyr....

Lightfoot said:
    What would be nice is if the game automatically reproduced what the eye does normally. The eye constantly scans to create a wide angle view of the world but when you focus on something like aiming the eye narrows its field of view to see the object better. I have played around with changing the FOV from its low to high value. Setting it at 50 gives you much better aiming but at the expense of having someone in melee run you threw with you never knowing they were there.

A nice solution would be to set the FOV at max normally but when you brought your gun up to the aiming position for the game to automatically shift to the 50 FOV. It would come much closer to doing what the eye normally does for you.
    He`s actually correct in this and would be a radical move towards some kind of eye realism... I don't know about having micro binos inserted in eyes but the focus of the area of attention is certainly to consider..even a 15% from locked would be immersive.

TrustyJam said:
    We opted out of adding fov zoom when aiming a long time ago as we do not think basically giving everyone binos in their eyes when they aim is an immersive experience at all.
    well, how about the goldfish bowl around my head showing the glass effect of rain dribble when it rains?...lol.. I mean cmon.... ive not seen that on my eyes either.... I just think the suggestion that was made was a solid and sound one, and could possibly be done to eliminate the FOV potential exploit...
    just my 2c worth
    1stMI(K) 2nd LT. Anzacmick
    https://discord.gg/rERq9A8

We're not too keen on people aiming their rifles in order to zoom and thus see better.

If we ever add a zoom function in the game it will be similar to that of ARMA where you can zoom whenever not just when you aim at something.

The FOV exploit will be fixed in an upcoming update.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrass View Post
    Yea that works just fine for the most part, It would be nice for those longer range situations, but other than that it isnt required.
    A Fairground 'Ding!' perhaps!?!

Last edited by Charles Caldwell; 02-25-2019 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Forgot the friendly wink!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

We opted out of adding fov zoom when aiming a long time ago as we do not think basically giving everyone binos in their eyes when they aim is an immersive experience at all.

In the second part of your post you are very likely to br referring to a CPU bottleneck issue - the more players the harder a job for your CPU to keep up. This is not related to server performance.

- Trusty
    Wasn't really referring to a true "zoom" but switching automatically between the minimum and maximum settings currently available in options. Right now if you want to be able to see your target a bit more clearly you have to set vision angle to 50. But to get any kind of equivalent to peripheral vision you have to have it set at 70. I doubt many people will be trying to run around with their guns sighted to get a better look. Officers already have binoculars to solve that problem.

So far I haven't seen any CPU bind on the client side. I run the task manager in the corner while the game is in a window. CPU usage rarely goes above 40%. GPU rarely above 35%. But the frame rate reported by Steam is down in the low 20's most of the time.
    Last edited by Lightfoot; 02-25-2019 at 09:07 PM. Reason: forgot the not
    Lightfoot

USA Major

well, how about the goldfish bowl around my head showing the glass effect of rain dribble when it rains?...lol.. I mean cmon.... ive not seen that on my eyes either....
    We are all near sighted and have to wear our glasses.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    A Fairground 'Ding!' perhaps!?!

HAHAHHA I wouldnt complain.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Right now if you want to be able to see your target a bit more clearly you have to set vision angle to 50. But to get any kind of equivalent to peripheral vision you have to have it set at 70. ]
    There's also the let-alt button, to freelook. I use it quite extensively.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    There's also the let-alt button, to freelook. I use it quite extensively.

Best,
    Dman979
    I haven't notice any difference in the "Look" function other than it lets you look around while loading and without changing facing.
    Lightfoot

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    I haven't notice any difference in the "Look" function other than it lets you look around while loading and without changing facing.
    Yep, it gives you a kind of peripheral vision, and you can keep FOV on 50, too.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dman979 View Post
    Yep, it gives you a kind of peripheral vision, and you can keep FOV on 50, too.

Best,
    Dman979
    Are you saying "Look" has a wider FOV than the Options setting or that you can look around which isn't the same thing?
    You can look around whether in "Look" mode or not except when you are loading.

Also, I haven't found "Look" that useful since it requires you to hold the "Alt" key down along with whatever other keys you are trying to use. It is an awkward key to reach while using the "W" key.
    Lightfoot