Thread: Game crashes to "SkirmishAreaMapName"

Game crashes to "SkirmishAreaMapName"

Hi all,

I love this game, but after about a week it started crashing within 10 minutes of loading the game each time. No idea why this started. It worked fine for the first week or so (including some long 2+ hour binges). Now, within 10 or so minutes of in-game time, the audio and graphics get choppy and then freeze for a few seconds. It then crashes back to this screen:

image1.jpg

Also, for whatever it's worth (maybe it's related, maybe not), it seems that the map described on the loading screen and the map we actually load are different (eg, two different skirmishes at Antietam). As an example, during the loading screen, it might show Pry Ford, but once I get in-game it's actually Hooker's Push.

I am using an Intel i3 8100 (3.6 GHZ), 8GB ram, and an nVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 2GB graphics card. I know this is under the minimum specs, but I have no performance issues at all until it crashes. Actually runs quite well until the crash.

Please help me figured out the problem. I was loving this game and suddenly it's become unplayable! I tried deleting the game and reinstalling on Steam to no avail.
    Last edited by Lionel Hutz; 02-13-2019 at 03:15 AM.

Hello,

Please use the error reporter at: https://warofrights.com/errorreporter when you experience a crash. How is your internet connection? The above does not look like a client crash but more so you dropping connection to the server.

- Trusty

Just because you go no performance issues, does not mean that you will get issues, your card and cpu can't handle the game so it very likely disconnects you from the server. Even people who are way over the recommended system requirements have issues.

But something you can still try.

- Make sure its on installed on your C folder.
    - in steam settings, go to In-Game and at In Game Server Browser lower the Max ping / minute to like 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    Just because you go no performance issues, does not mean that you will get issues, your card and cpu can't handle the game so it very likely disconnects you from the server. Even people who are way over the recommended system requirements have issues.

But something you can still try.

- Make sure its on installed on your C folder.
    - in steam settings, go to In-Game and at In Game Server Browser lower the Max ping / minute to like 500.
    Thank you both for the tips/ideas.

The game is installed in c:\steam\installed\steamapps\common . Is this correct?

How do I change the max ping per minute in game? I'm not sure I see how to do that.

Thanks!

I literally posted how to do change it.

Just wanted to update anyone who might be following this: it turns out it was my connection and not my computer. I've noticed that my WiFi connection has been slower lately, but not slow enough to really effect streaming or anything. I ran a few speed tests and was averaging 3 MBPS downloads and 1 MPS uploads (!). Bought a powerline adapter and now I'm averaging 35 MBPS download and 30 MBPS upload and the problem is gone. Surprisingly, it actually seems to run quite fine on medium settings on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    Just wanted to update anyone who might be following this: it turns out it was my connection and not my computer. I've noticed that my WiFi connection has been slower lately, but not slow enough to really effect streaming or anything. I ran a few speed tests and was averaging 3 MBPS downloads and 1 MPS uploads (!). Bought a powerline adapter and now I'm averaging 35 MBPS download and 30 MBPS upload and the problem is gone. Surprisingly, it actually seems to run quite fine on medium settings on my computer.
    Have you made sure that the laptp power setting is set to the max.