Thread: Question about Events

Question about Events

So I have been playing WOR for a month or two now. I'm no vet but I get asked regularly to join Regiments. The big thing I always hear is events are the way to play. BUT I don't really get what is different about events? Can anyone explain to me why they are so much better? Thanks in advance.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A.Wood View Post
    So I have been playing WOR for a month or two now. I'm no vet but I get asked regularly to join Regiments. The big thing I always hear is events are the way to play. BUT I don't really get what is different about events? Can anyone explain to me why they are so much better? Thanks in advance.
    You have mostly organized units/regiments that are playing so the tactics and discipline will be much more sound. You may have three-four or more organized units playing on one side (ie; 1stCav, 2ndUSSS, 9thNY and 42ndPA vs IICorps, 1stTX and 1stGA). Commanders will often meet in spawn and draw out a quick battle plan so that attacks are organized and with a particular strategy. It's much harder to gain that cohesiveness with a bunch of pubs running around and not mounting coordinated attacks.

Follow up question. Do you guys run these on private servers. Just never see any events going on. Also thank you Shiloh

USA Major

Follow up question. Do you guys run these on private servers. Just never see any events going on. Also thank you Shiloh
    You're welcome. Yes most events run on private servers that are paid for by members of that particular unit.

There is an EU event today that starts in a bit over 4 hours at 3 EST today. Find the server with the most organized units in there at the start of the event time. There are also events on Saturday and Sunday that start at I believe 4 EST then others that start at 8 EST.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 02-15-2019 at 03:47 PM.

I find When I play I only ever see 1 populated server. I must just not be looking the in the right place

Pretty much what was said above. The organization is the part I love the most. And just a heads up if the event is happening on a private server anyone not belonging to one of the regiments taking part in the event are usually asked to leave as to make room for any of the attending regiments players.

They don't always get full however so you might be able to squeeze in, just look for server messages. Also it might be a tad quiet, many of the orders (in my regiment anyway) are given over a separate voice program like team speak and such. Good luck!

I might have to look for a good Regiment for me to train with

I might have to look for a good Regiment for me to train with
    Many fine regiments to choose from depending on what side you like to play. I'm not going to promote mine here as I don't want it to seen as a recruitment thing in this thread. If you scroll to the bottom of the forums you will find the threads for both USA and CSA there. Give it a look through and try one out or it catches your fancy