Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICER Ideas for PUBLIC SERVERS ONLY

USA General of the Army

OFFICER Ideas for PUBLIC SERVERS ONLY

1.As An Officer, when He Speaks, those around him Become Mute, and supersedes all those voices around him, to be able to hear his command. Thus all those players yapping become muted so only and Officer is heard.

2.The ability to VOTE to remove an Officer from being an officer. in game while playing."A Majority VOTE" A 24 Hour period for that server. lets face it some are not fit to LEAD A DEAD HORSE, LOL

3.A punishment, Reprimand, by and Officer, towards a subordinate, who will not listen, obey command orders, can be sent to rear most spawn, for a 5 min period cool down, or leave game if he didnt like his punishment. for abuse of this power, can get him voted out, as an Officer. LOL Article 15s SUCKed in the military.

4. An Option in the tab key could be used to Vote to Demote, and a Vote to Promote.

5.Officers need to have the Ability of Command.

6.This Vote for Officers for demotion, would be a check and balance for an unjust officer.
    6a. This would only pertain to public servers, lets face you dont have to play on a Private server.

side note the last stand must be tweaked,I.E. at burnside bridge the Yankees were able to surround the Confederates on all sides of the contention point, hiding behind the Available fence, and mowed down all the defenders, for there was no available cover for the Confederates.

recommendations by Capt Carrol, 1st Calmmyst, 1st Sgt Joehova.

Obviously it's a big source of frustration when the wrong person is leading. IMO it can make or it can break the experience when the bulk of your team is following arbitrary class-takers.

A lot of people say the same thing that officers should have a voice advantage but I don't think they should. It's kind of a way of forcing discipline when it should be voluntary. Instead of looking for ways to make playing the officer role easier we should focus on the election / selection part of officers so we can have better ones in the first place. The guy could just as well be playing Mariachi music with his voice boost if not. How I'm sick of that stupid line icon spamming up all my videos too.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

All fine by me

On point 1, muting others is a bit harsh (just increase that volume above others, with the option of choosing between "command voice" for the troops and wise cracks to your pal). Us mad monkeys need a leader, the louder the better.
    On point 3, I'd say die and respawn at farthest distance and exclude flag bearer spawn for a limited time, time that diminishes after being in line for a while.
    On point 4, okay, this will become a problem as then game picks up, probably. So far, the officers tend to be the same and know what to do, though there are some prone to excessive maneuvering
    On point 5, sounds good but what do you mean exactly?
    Last edited by EneCtin; 02-21-2019 at 05:09 AM.

There have been a lot of suggestions for officers since early access release. Do the Devs even plan on making changes to the officer class?
    Last edited by Ramirez Nicholas J.; 02-21-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    So far, the officers tend to be the same and know what to do, though there are some prone to excessive maneuvering
    nnf_rotfl.gif
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    nnf_rotfl.gif back at you, pal

CSA Captain

Don't mind PLM, he's prone to thinking he's better than everyone. He's harmless.

To the points at hand, I don't like the idea of muting players. All it takes is one hot mic leader breathing too loudly, and no one can speak. Or worse, a troll playing officer, making sure no one can speak at all.

Number 2, yes and no. Yes, I'd like to vote someone out. No, they shouldn't be restricted for 24 hours. Maybe for that map, but not for 24 hours.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

As to point 1, people seem unable to hear commands when given, its just a momentary mute as the officer is issuing an order. so many times my commanding officer gives an order and people scream I didnt hear that order, why cause everyone is yapping or some bone head wants to play music, and wont turn it off. this is nothing more than a suggestion of what can be done and or tweaked so it can be done. our commanding officer doesn't keep talking, he is staying fluid with a careful eye upon the field of battle. honestly i dont need to wear that uniform to draw a pretty little white line, that now seems to be point of argument for many players, who need it, for they never played the game when we didnt have that ability.

People dont seem to want to go to drill, just join a game and fight. Drill camps need to be used as to make performance better of a player. To separate the more dedicated players, from the weekend warriors as it were. by entering a drill camp and drilling would add a skill set over time as a progressive status to those players who drill constantly, like some squads I see doing. marching and the firing range and the bayonet training would over time make more elite troops. as it is our company drills 2 times a week for an hour or more, with no gain nor benefit for having done so. then we fight on the field of battle. its not about a debate its about WOR suggestions, as a community. To make things better as a whole. and i would suggest that people in companies get this effect of experience gain. marching in a company is harder than a single man. thus by drilling, with a company, he would become more accurate with shots, his stamina would increase, able to go further before getting tired out as quickly. just example.

CSA Captain

Perhaps somewhere down the line, we can see all new players forced into a quick tutorial that explains the controls and game mechanics, using the drill camps as needed.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA General of the Army

I applaud the great amount of time, effort and thought that goes into these great many suggestions and hope for its continuance but ...
    The Rebel in me has to wonder why everyone is so hung up on Rule Enforcement and Conformity.

While, certainly, it makes for smoother game play those who have been to war know that The First Casualty of Battle is always The Plan and Chaos is the King of the Battlefield.
    It does not mean we shouldn't make plans or strive for Uniformity and Good Order but ...
    I thought the goal was to create a Civil War Mil-Sim not a Line Battle Pop up Target Sim.

Lastly, and a bit harshly I must admit ... if someone can't Lead without wielding a whip and playing Lord of the Manor they have no business leading men.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.