Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FOV Exploit

FOV Exploit

One of my guys happened to find an exploit in the Field of View options from the console. The bottom picture is the far target on the Union firing range, the recruit was standing at the wooden fence rail and that was his view.

CSA Captain

Wowowow, combined with the low graphic corn exploit, you could really cheese a game.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Hmm maybe it should be considered to report such exploits more private and not for everyone to see.....there are bad guys out there

CSA Major

I am not sure it's really an exploit per se, it's just the console command for FOV. It doesn't look very practical to play with such a short field.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Hmm maybe it should be considered to report such exploits more private and not for everyone to see.....there are bad guys out there
    Rather everyone see it so the Devs get on it quicker

CSA Major

What are they supposed to do TRaider? It's the default Crytek FOV command. I sincerely doubt that a player could manage more than a couple of minutes with an FOV so narrow and restrictive.

USA Major

Unless you can flip FOV at will within game it will not be useable as far as I can see. Which isn't very far without my glasses.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Unless you can flip FOV at will within game it will not be useable as far as I can see. Which isn't very far without my glasses.
    Either way it should be blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    What are they supposed to do TRaider? It's the default Crytek FOV command. I sincerely doubt that a player could manage more than a couple of minutes with an FOV so narrow and restrictive.
    Not sure if you ever looked at the console but it says certain commands are cheat protected,I assume that is what they would do.

CSA Major

Lock FOV at 90 and call it a day, I suppose?