Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miller's Cornfield

CSA Captain

Miller's Cornfield

What's the current ticket difference between the two teams on Miller's? I feel like Miller's has the opportunity to be one of the first "equal maps" we can get by equalizing defender and attacker tickets. The map is perfect for mobile, in your face type warfare, with little defensive ground for either team.

Just a thought.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

In truth, Miller's Cornfield is the one map I'd suggest removal of, atleast from the main rotation in official servers.

While the Final Stand and Last Push system does make this map better, it doesn't stop the map from being one large hassle to play in. As someone who scouts and acts as a sharpshooter, this map is one I skip every time.

CSA Captain

You'd argue to remove it because it doesn't cater to your play style?
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangon5 View Post
    In truth, Miller's Cornfield is the one map I'd suggest removal of, atleast from the main rotation in official servers.

While the Final Stand and Last Push system does make this map better, it doesn't stop the map from being one large hassle to play in. As someone who scouts and acts as a sharpshooter, this map is one I skip every time.
    Why on earth remove map? You dont hear CSA units asking for River Crossing to be removed... You cant play as a sharpshooter on every map, try playing with your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangon5 View Post

People usually move straight in while you have the option to attack from the left flank. Actually Scouts/sharpshooters can play a vital role if done right to distract the defender. It is not my favorite map but there are more options to play out this map.

Removal is silly since this was a key battlefield hard fought and brutal.
    Last edited by Roshanlestary; 03-04-2019 at 09:20 AM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4284&dateline=1491424373

Join the 2nd Maryland Light Artillery (Baltimore Light Artillery) today!

I'd really like to see it change in that the Corn stalks would animate when troops moved through them. This would make longer-range fights more viable as you'd be shooting at movement. It should also slow you down to a near-walk moving through cornstalks.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Hm, idk but corn stalks are thick and do not allow anyone to run them down or run whichever direction you please, or turn around in charge stance ignoring corn plants in the way.
    I find that fight in the middle of a cornfield as aiding too much the mobile enemy (he is invisible until 10 meters away, usually at a charge, locked on, while the defenders have to react and counter all that). Make the corn stalks behave like small trees, needing to be avoided.

If a flagon of petrol and a lit match is too much to ask for that damn field, than option to cut down corn to create a killing zone to your advantage?
    Last edited by EneCtin; 03-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.

CSA Major

For the record EneCtin, cornstalks used to fold over in earlier versions of the game and mimic paths being trampled through them. Alas, they are yet to return alongside the squirrels.

I'm all for trampling corn as a deliberate action that takes time for each individual corn plant (since we're not in WoT), opening fast pathways and firing lanes, compared to limited movement and aiming arcs while in an untrampled cornfield. Something that remains until the end of the match. Don't know about the corn plants those days (those ingame look half dried up [so mature full grown things] ), but the corn we're planting is a vigorous plant, not the weedy thing in game.

Corn is awfully stubborn as are many of the bushes and brambles games usually let you walk right through. Anyone whose been in a Halloween corn maze might know that (A spooky maze cut into a cornfield in rural communities). If it's in rows you might be able to sort of sprint down a row. You're going to make a lot of noise though and it's going to be obvious you're coming.

The combination of normal mobility and decreased visibility puts too much emphasis on that surprise charge on that map. Ideally, of course, the corn would be dynamic and move and trample. Slowing down movement in areas where corn is still standing and adding some sound interaction would really help with gameplay the most by forcing more realistic and cautious movements.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n