Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Final Push & Last Stand.

CSA Captain

First off, any time.

Second off, stay on topic y'all.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ted E. Bear View Post
    Alright, so this is my experience from the union side of things as I have never played on the CSA side. First off there are a lot of excellent pub players and officers that have no intention of ever joining a regiment for any reason. Not all pubs are regimental guys in training, that is an inherently wrong blanket statement. I could make a very long youtube video compiled of twitch clips of Union regimental officers treating pub officers like garbage even when they are better than most of the regimental officers Ive encountered. I do not because it does nothing but stir the shit pot even more, not to mention all the petty high school BS that goes on with all the regiments at least from my perspective. When I have a collection of regiments with multiple regimental Commanders on my team and im leading I can pretty much always bet on loosing. Everyone wants to be head honcho and basically you just have men scattered all over the battlefield doing their own thing with no cohesion. Now unless im mistaken with how skirmish is setup currently with 2 regiments with 2 maybe 3 COs and the goal of the game is to get everyone to stick together I would argue that they are not playing the game "as Intended" but are doing the same thing that everyone talks down to the pubs for. Its Ironic as all hell in a sad way. I know several pubs thats used to love the game but got tired of regiments coming in and shitting all over everything. This is of course not all regiments but is definitely something that needs to be adressed. The overall environment for your average player who has no desire to get with a clan is getting less and less stellar as time goes on. The mentality that this game was also made for regiments is also very misguided and ill thought out in my opinion. A lot of (not all) regimental gameplay ive seen goes against how the game is setup in its current state time and time again (at least in skirmish, i dont play pickett patrol personally). Also regiments will not build this game, they may be a dedicated part of it but they cant grow it without pubs. - Just my thoughts and opinions
    Here are a few facts for you because, to be frank, I'm fed up of seeing you misrepresent something that you are not even a part of.

1. To my knowledge, every formed Company that owns a server host public events & does nothing but encourage public players.
    2. You have NO idea what goes on within formed regiments, because you are not actually in one, the ''petty high school bullshit'' you reflect on, is a figment of your imagination.
    3. You keep reffering to ''the team that I am leading''....well no offence here, but who put you in command of the entire team Teddy? Companies are led by people who have worked their backsides off to actually form up & organise, I can't even begin to imagine why you think they have to follow you, in the same way that we do not expect those not IN our Companies to follow us.
    4. We don't have ''men scattered all over the battlefield doing their own thing with no cohesion'', this may come as a shock to you, but we're in teamspeak, and are fully aware of what our orders are, which companies are holding which sectors etc etc. Company Officers even *shock horror* talk to each other and work out a plan.
    5.''Also regiments will not build this game'' I look forward to you eating those words in six months time. Once again you have no idea, 1st Texas, 1st Georgia and 6thLA, ALONE, can easily fill a server Teddy.

We need this game to be playable by everyone, but your constant misrepresentation of formed Companies is getting really old. We were public players, don't forget that, so we are well aware of what happens on public servers. On another note, really looking forward to your video when 1st Texas stomp you
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Most of the Pubs ive commanded listen and work together better than most regiments. You just have to inspire them, not expect them to follow you just because you are barking orders. Whenever a group of regiments are in game and your leading you can kiss half your formation goodbye while they all go off and do their own thing and not stick with the rest of the team.
    This ridiculous romanticization of not joining a company is getting out of hand. No one is grabbing you by the ear and forcing you to join one or trying to get any unaffiliated player purged from War of Rights. However it does not take a detective to figure out that the game is heavily geared toward company level (and even higher) organization. Almost everything you say about organized companies / regiments / brigades is a severe misrepresentation of facts. I love how you presuppose that when things are scattered its the regiments fault and has nothing at all to do with the fact that most of the team has little sense of communication (likely to do with having no standardized leadership due to not being organized). You can't possibly make a case that a well disciplined regiment who understands authority and has a thorough understanding of the metagame is more chaotic then a pubbie team where everyone and there mother wants to bark orders and where at least a fifth of the team thinks the only way to have fun is to troll and blast music eardrum shattering loud.

CSA Captain

Id be more than happy to lead a group of union pubs against the 1st texas in an event.
    Teddy Bear, 1st Ga will take you on as well. After 1st Texas is done moping the floor with you and your unorganized approach, we will do the same. We have a private server as well and we can even let you set your team however you see fit. Find me on steam - Vulcarin

CSA Captain

Great...could you stop right away?

USA General of the Army

Organized units are what will keep this game going in the long run. Don't come out and bash us because you and some others don't want to join. And when you're playing on a server owned by a unit, don't assume you can come on and just start commanding everyone. There are at least 3 "pub commanders" we have to deal with on a regular basis because they feel like its their right to assume command and pull pubbies away from us. Or, lead them on some half-assed charge that does nothing but waste tickets.

CSA Captain

I don't see what any of this has to do with last stand and final push, however I am getting a little sick of seeing people being attacked for being in companies. I personally formed my company with a few friends because it brings a more enjoyable experience playing with an organized group who can communicate. I don't understand why a "pub" would berate some one for being in a company and then turn around and expect no rebuttal. I figure if you don't want to be in a company kindly decline and get on with the game do not focus on blaming the men with higher organizational standards for your own faults.

There's definitely still people being AFK in spawn and not being auto-killed after Last Stand is activated. Forcing us all to watch for several minutes while the enemy caps.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    There's definitely still people being AFK in spawn and not being auto-killed after Last Stand is activated. Forcing us all to watch for several minutes while the enemy caps.
    The timer is at 140 seconds which is several minutes (to allow the defenders enough time to get to the point when spawned in).

Please let us know if you have experienced “afk waits” longer than that (when not timing something you will often tend to think you’ve waited for longer than you actually have).

- Trusty

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The timer is at 140 seconds which is several minutes (to allow the defenders enough time to get to the point when spawned in).

Please let us know if you have experienced “afk waits” longer than that (when not timing something you will often tend to think you’ve waited for longer than you actually have).

- Trusty
    How 'last stand usually goes down' for me :

- The message pops up.
    - We keep doing what we are doing (we reform and try to get somewhere closer to point)
    - After some time the 'timer' will effectively show up (for me it's usually starting at 139)
    - If the timer gets really low we push on to cap (say we are close by, somewhat like 20 secs)

Main goal is trying to 'break' the enemy into final push and then it's a 'time & survive' game.

@Trusty

Can you please explain in full detail (in some sort of schedule) in how 'last stand' & 'final push' are implemented, this way the mechanics are clear for everyone so we can make some valid suggestions.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.