Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Footprints are not viable updates

Footprints are not viable updates

Well I know myself and a lot of other players are sick of pointless updates. Footprints is not what the players want. There are so many games that are getting huge updates right now and you guys are giving us nothing to keep our community going. There are players quitting because of the lack of content. Everyone is getting board with the game because it is the same shit everyday. Same game modes, same shitty servers, same trolls that we have to fight to keep the community positive, same fighting inside of a shoe box. Open up the map, move the point of contention somewhere else farther away so it seems like a new map. I understand its historic but its still a competitive game that needs people to play. We are tired of playing king of the hill. I must ask where is our content? where is new maps? Where the fudge is my Hawkins rifle? Where is our password protected server?? seriously we have paid for a server and you don't even allow us password protection! Why because you think the community will fall out? Give us some progression so the game is fun for more than just one hour. How about a level system where once you get to lvl 30 you can have a beard. that would help distinguish the long term players from new just like in real life. There needs to be some serious updates or else this game is going to die because we are loosing people because of the lack of content.

Sincerely,
    Sgt.Maj. Odin B. Jasper
    Sgt.Maj Odin B. Jasper
    72nd Pennsylvania Company A Baxter's "Fire Zouaves"

Thank you for your feedback.

The last two updates increased my average fps in the recently released benchmark from 30 to 69.

That is quite serious in my opinion and can’t be labeled as updates focusing on footprints.

We are currently working on a new game mode which we’ll be presenting in a field report in the not too distant future.

- Trusty

USA Captain

People need to realize that this is alpha, I don't think the devs are currently trying to make the alpha the final release. I mean, the game in its current state is not meant to be "fun", its meant to help the devs test the game with what works/doesn't work etc. Furthermore, the developer team is small (2 devs I think? Could be wrong.) and they are and have been taking on a massive challenge making a game, starting a community from scratch.

CSA Captain

People need to realize that this is alpha, I don't think the devs are currently trying to make the alpha the final release. I mean, the game in its current state is not meant to be "fun", its meant to help the devs test the game with what works/doesn't work etc.
    Wrong, right, wrong, right, wrong in that order. This is NOT alpha, it's Steam Early Access, which at one point was supposed to be "post-beta." Trusty and Fancy decided to open it to the public, and by doing that they must have believed that it was past the alpha state and ready for public testing. Excuse me if I'm wrong here, but that brings me to your third point: If the game isn't meant to be fun, why are any of us here? We're testing what's "fun," what "works" and doesn't "work," and I think that entails just a little bit of "fun," right?

To your last point, small bit of semantics: A good number of this community came with Hinkel from another mod for Mount and Blade. To be blunt and honest with both you and the devs, this community built itself through our own work and has grown so tired of the same responses and non-responses to our thoughts and suggestions, that they've taken to shit-posting on the barely glued-together subreddit.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Sergeant

It's been since October 2018 that there's been any significant release of new content. Since October 2018 it's been sound and graphical tweaks, performance, and stability improvements, which are great to be sure, but will not keep people around for the community events long-term. Trusty mentioned a 39FPS improvement to his performance since Steam's early release due to performance patches, I'm not sure what kind of rig Trusty is running, but I have an i7 and a 1070TI and I don't think I've ever experienced anything as low as a consistent 30fps. Having said that, I'm glad that some improvements to performance and stability have been made, and that some of the lower to mid-tier rigs are able to run game better these days. But the efforts to improve performance need to be mixed with additional content, be it new maps, weapons, runners, artillery, cavalry or whatever.

When we're seeing patch notes talking about updates to graphics for mumma farm, adding impassable haystacks, modifying sounds, adding footsteps, and what have you, without any significant changes or updates to gameplay over 5 months, we start to lose folks who are looking for that next best thing to keep their attention. We need new content to keep people engaged, and I hope that whatever comes next, it adds a significant amount of content, and is not too away.

CSA Major

Need some meat, basically. It’s all looking a bit skinny on the old October frame.

None of my lads play any more.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Need some meat, basically. It’s all looking a bit skinny on the old October frame.

Have to concur - my overriding reason for playing at the moment is to keep in touch with a great bunch of folks but I cant say I'm enjoying the game itself at present. Jaded is how I'm feeling. Water that evaporates more slowly might just be the tipping point for me.

I have a 9900k and a 2080ti.

We are hearing your feedback which is why we have upped the priority of a new game mode that is currently being worked on.

We have shifted one of our programmers over to working on the artillery systems while the other continues with his work on rewriting how the server handles connections in an effort to fix several issues such as players getting stuck in loading screens, servers appearing to be full and players mass dropping from the servers.

Performance issues were (still are) some of the most requested improvements by our early access audience. I realize you all have been with us for far longer than that meaning content to you is often more important than optimizations and fixes (as you will have played the current content far more than anyone having joined us on Early Access).

We will continue to improve the game visually as we have been for the past 7 years. We realize it may seem silly to you to update whatever small graphical thing but please do note that the people tweaking graphics/adding new uniform variants/updating house models are not the same people that spend time on game systems required for new content.

That is not to say that graphics tweaking isn’t important even though it is obviously not what you want us to spend time on. The fact is that without the constant urge to update and tweak the graphics the game would look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post

Same here
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

I dont want to throw shade but a lot of the dedicated pub players I talk to seem to be put off by the way regimental players handle themselves in-game and how they are treated by said regimental players. Also the trolling behavior that happens a lot with no way to prevent/reprimand it made a lot of people stop playing at the moment. We desperately need at least some sort of votekick system. for the rampant TKers, Trolls, N-bomb droppers, and other buzzkillers.

https://www.twitch.tv/captainteddybear - My twitch channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...CiFAYlhMjuDgRw - CaptainTeddybear's Youtube

https://discord.gg/5yK5hDS - Big Iron Gaming Discord.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BigIronGames - Big Iron Gaming Steam group.