Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

CSA Captain

Let's take a moment and talk about the ticket balance. The game needs another balance pass for tickets on Skirmish.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Let's take a moment and talk about the ticket balance. The game needs another balance pass for tickets on Skirmish.
    How does it tie into this debate?

CSA Captain

Sorry, just doing my best PLM impersonation.

USA General of the Army

You should offer candy to people that come play on our server.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Sorry, just doing my best PLM impersonation.
    Hey if you would like advice from someone who never runs events you should talk to plm.

jerkit.gif

It's not at all unbecoming when people who think they are the community decide to spend all their hard-earned gravitas in orchestrated tantrums.

April 14th. People bitch that they can't operate, they can't run events, they can't handle the situation with this huge staff of personnel - good. Then when I run one it should be a colossal failure. Lets see what I can do with my RnL crew.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Discrediting community members is hardly much use to anyone.

Please stay on-topic.

- Trusty

So I'll go ahead and post this again since you replied to everyone but me. Were you unable to come up with a response that addressed all of my points?

*I don't understand this attitude that if companies get passworded servers for challenges that we're somehow insulating ourselves from public players. It is universally acknowledged that public players are the lifeblood of companies because we have to continually recruit public players to maintain our numbers.

*The majority of company time is spent on public servers playing and recruiting so we can have 2 hours on the weekend to challenge each other in an organized fashion.

*What's disheartening is the idea that we shouldn't be allowed to host competitive events, what is the rationale for that?

*The attitude displayed in this thread almost makes it look like the devs are contemptuous towards a very large subset of the playerbase.

CSA Captain

Oh I apologize, I wasn't trying to discredit PLM, and any thoughts of such an attack on him may only be based on your own thoughts of him. He has a knack for turning any conversation on it's heels and getting to the source of the issue, and I genuinely believe that a major problem right now(and perhaps a source of the current frustration,)may be the current ticket ratio between attackers and defenders. With the recent bullet pen buff, defenders are finding themselves almost on even footing with attackers...minus the ticket difference, which heavily favors the attackers.

Many an event has become tedious and un-fun for whoever is on the defending side. Events have a way of then crumbling.