Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Folk are also clamouring for artillery, cavalry and facial characterisation. The password feature has been requested now for quite some time (since the time between EA announcement and EA going live, at least), of course the poll will be in favour for password implementation.
    There is a simple solution for this as well

https://www.strawpoll.me/17776409

Texans Always Move Them

USA General of the Army

inb4 "Of course people are going to vote for passwords, that's what this thread is about."

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    There is a simple solution for this as well

https://www.strawpoll.me/17776409
    Hah, excellent.
    Now if only polls were actually worth anything...

The issue is not the time required to implement password protected servers.

The issue is the division of the community, the increased chance of no available populated servers to join for newcommers to the game and the introduction of artificial feedback given by those that exclusively play behind locked doors.

Yes, it is annoying having to kick/ban unwanted players if one feels said unwanted players disrupt one's event but I don't think that annoyance outweighs the possible issues listed above.

- Trusty

Folk are also clamouring for artillery, cavalry and facial characterisation. The password feature has been requested now for quite some time (since the time between EA announcement and EA going live, at least), of course the poll will be in favour for password implementation.
    Enabling the option is not a feature like Artillery, Cavalry, or facial customization, it comes standard with CryEngine.

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The issue is not the time required to implement password protected servers.

The issue is the division of the community, the increased chance of no available populated servers to join for newcommers to the game and the introduction of artificial feedback given by those that exclusively play behind locked doors.

Yes, it is annoying having to kick/ban unwanted players if one feels said unwanted players disrupt one's event but I don't think that annoyance outweighs the possible issues listed above.

- Trusty
    Thats fine you feel that way, however, I feel that it's clear now that if communities want organized competitive play they will need to look elsewhere.

Texans Always Move Them

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Thats fine you feel that way, however, I feel that it's clear now that if communities want organized competitive play they will need to look elsewhere.
    Battle Cry of Freedom here we come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Battle Cry of Freedom here we come!!!
    Send my regards to the devs - looks to be an interesting project.

- Trusty

Hah, excellent.
    Now if only polls were actually worth anything...
    Yet polls can easily give sufficient evidence that people support a cause. This poll CLEARLY shows that the majority of people want Password protected servers who have taken this poll, and will only grow with time. People want this, and are you really gonna ignore us?

CSA Captain

I can't fucking believe it. You're to damn stubborn to realize what the community is trying to FUCKING tell you. Without passwords, which by the way in both polls is the vast leading item, this community will die.

It's a shame too, this game was looking to be quite the thing. It's a shame, it really is.

Really, community division... what a thing to try and straw up to be a fucking issue.