Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

CSA Captain

Transparancy is wanted about the coming features. It's all to vague

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The issue is not the time required to implement password protected servers.

The issue is the division of the community, the increased chance of no available populated servers to join for newcommers to the game and the introduction of artificial feedback given by those that exclusively play behind locked doors.

Yes, it is annoying having to kick/ban unwanted players if one feels said unwanted players disrupt one's event but I don't think that annoyance outweighs the possible issues listed above.

- Trusty
    Why do you feel so strongly that so many people will stop playing if pw servers are implemented? What is the reason you think they wont just go to an open server?

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

We better be careful or they will start unfoundedly banning and closing threads.

Thank you for the feedback.

- Trusty
    Ok, from my point of view you are being a little unprofessional here by making snarky sarcastic remarks to people who are trying to critique you.

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    We better be careful or they will start unfoundedly banning and closing threads.
    Make sure to screenshot all the pages

CSA Major

Then you lock a poll relating to password locking to see what the community opinion is...when its in Alpha and they are supposed to be giving you this kind of feed back.
    Evening Villarreal.
    Duplicate threads on the same topic are superfluous; the polls can still be accessed and voted on, discussion can still be made in this thread (the original one).

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Guys who is interested in going back to North and South mod until BCoF comes out? Clearly these guys don't give a shit about us.
    We're not interested in dealing with absolute demands with no degree of consideration for what the outcome may be should those demands be met.

I've tried to highlight the issues we, as developers, see with the demand (I will not call it a suggestion anymore as it is clear now it isn't). Sadly, most of my concerns seem to have been ignored by a few pushing the "give in or we'll leave" agenda.

I had hoped for an actual discussion instead of threats and pitchforks.

If us not giving a shit about you is what you take away from this then that will have to be so - although I regret you interpreting it that way.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Well maybe he is really thanking and taking the feedback into consideration but you never know . It's never a clear answer or roadmap.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

We're not interested in dealing with absolute demands with no degree of consideration for what the outcome may be should those demands be met.

I've tried to highlight the issues we, as developers, see with the demand (I will not call it a suggestion anymore as it is clear now it isn't). Sadly, most of my concerns seem to have been ignored by a few pushing the "give in or we'll leave" agenda.

I had hoped for an actual discussion instead of threats and pitchforks.

If us not giving a shit about you is what you take away from this then that will have to be so - although I regret you interpreting it that way.

- Trusty
    I've been here long enough to know that you do not listen to your loyal crowd funders. there is a difference between not adding aesthetics and not allowing people that PAY for a server to lock it down. Demands like that are not unrealistic...people are PAYING for a good experience. If someone wants to lock THEIR SERVER THAT THEY PAID FOR ON A GAME THEY PAID FOR....that is their choice. You are essentially saying you are more concerned with more people buying this game than those who have supported you. Despite the snarky and condescending replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvatcharoonie View Post
    Make sure to screenshot all the pages
    Believe me brother...I am.
    Last edited by F. L. Villarreal; 04-09-2019 at 09:32 PM.

I've been here long enough to know that you do not listen to your loyal crowd funders. there is a difference between not adding aesthetics and not allowing people that PAY for a server to lock it down. Demands like that are not unrealistic...people are PAYING for a good experience. If someone wants to lock THEIR SERVER THAT THEY PAID FOR ON A GAME THEY PAID FOR....that is their choice. You are essentially saying you are more concerned with more people buying this game than those who have supported you. Despite the snarky and condescending replies.
    Please send your feedback to G-Portal then. You are certainly not paying us for the option to rent a server.

We continue to improve upon the admin functionality on the community hosted servers. Last update introduced the tab screen admin tool, allowing for quick and easy kicks/bans of unwanted players.

- Trusty