Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

Quote Originally Posted by Rbater View Post
    So 4 people are on board lol
    5 people. Russian comunity is with u. But it's needed to understand, that CO's / NCO' priority for regiments is the first step for all of us. This won't solve a big problem of the priority for regiment staff to join the event server first, killing ofificers in the back by randoms (I belive it's the most big problem cause it has big influence to an attacking style of game), and the problem of random Rambos that cause big out of line lossess and so on. I also belive that when two big groupes of regiments want to fined, who's the best now, its needed to set them in simular circs before the battle, and keep it during the battle.
    Last edited by Tibib0; 04-09-2019 at 04:28 PM.

https://www.strawpoll.me/17774600

Here I have linked a straw poll, so we can see exactly how many people who view this post want a password feature

Quote Originally Posted by Tibib0 View Post
    killing officers in the back by randoms... , and the problem of random Rambos that cause big out of line losses and so one.
    The admin system in conjunction with the locking of COs & NCOs would help alleviate that issue, especially since there's auto-kicking. It'll be an issue no matter what, just due to the nature that you can kill teammates.

Rambos will be a part of any team oriented game. There's no stopping that, even with full passworded servers. Sure you can kick them, but stupid is as stupid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvatcharoonie View Post
    https://www.strawpoll.me/17774600

Here I have linked a straw poll, so we can see exactly how many people who view this post want a password feature
    Pub players usualy don't read forums))) But the idea is good, may be moderators will move this vote to a top?

Quote Originally Posted by Rbater View Post
    The admin system in conjunction with the locking of COs & NCOs would help alleviate that issue, especially since there's auto-kicking. It'll be an issue no matter what, just due to the nature that you can kill teammates.

Rambos will be a part of any team oriented game. There's no stopping that, even with full passworded servers. Sure you can kick them, but stupid is as stupid does.
    We'll see, but from sunday event I had bad memories, when in a very important attack someone teamkilled Suworow in the back. Rambos in regiment are very-very-very-very rare happening))

The issue of server passwords is certainly a conundrum for the community, but as someone who used to play games like this, i.e Napoleonic Wars and North and South, passworded servers overall were a net benefit for it tbh. While I see the merit of non pass worded servers, the problem is that naturally with any game it's going to be difficult to get public servers to replicate the much more tight, much more neatly knit experience that a private company event may provide. The game seems to have this odd dichotomy of hyper organised, well coordinated matches and free for all anarchic shitshows. I think the game's devs should at some point give the community the tools to tailor their particular's servers ruleset and style of organisation to the specifics of their server. That's my two cents anyway.

EDIT: I see passwords as a good ersatz/permanent solution as to allow companies to manufacture a game to their liking

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Not doing anything and pissing off the people that have been loyal so far isn't exactly going to keep players around either.
    We added a much requested server admin tab menu tool in the last update.

I don't think it entirely valid to state that we are not doing anything.

I very much agree with Lefir's point regarding server passwords not bringing in more players - instead it might (it most certainly will due to some of the remarks I've read here stating that it will become so game changing that entire companies will forget about their game fatigue due to this simple change) make companies play exclusively behind closed doors, until they see that the inclusion of server passwords to keep out non company players, of which several tools to enable to you remove the worst offenders have already been released, have little to no effect on the game fatigue their members are experiencing which is why their companies are bleeding numbers which is likely why they are asking for server passwords in the first place as they seem to have selected the lack of server passwords as the entire reason for general game fatigue (others have chosen to select the lack of hitmarkers as the reason for the very same).

The arguement stating that company member game fatigue will vanish and they'll return to much happier and active days with password protected servers added is problematic even if true (which I doubt as per my above comments). IF the arguement is true, however, no serious and active company will play on the non-password protected servers (as per the arguement that non password protected servers are so horrible for events, unit teamplay, etc).

This means we'll have a divided community for good (again I think this is highly unlikely, but this is what happens if the reports of the people wanting password protected servers are correct).

As Poorlaggedman pointed out, this will result in "artificial feedback" from the majority of our companies, meaning that since they exclusively play behind locked doors with certain rules enforced (they will be if the claims that the addition of password protected servers make entire companies return and play and removes their game fatigue are correct) we only ever get game feedback from a large portion of the community given based on a safe environment with specific rulesets enforced which is going to hurt the development of the game going forward.

Here's my prediction of what will happen if we introduce password protected servers:

Company activity will, probably, at first increase. Events will be set up in the above mentioned safe areas. Artificial feedback will be given, etc. Once the shine of the new feature has died down companies affected by game fatigue will continue to bleed members even in their safe, artificial, environments.

Companies will stick to the passworded option as that is what is treated as the scapegoat of the game fatigue and continue to bleed members.

Eventually, the focus will shift to requests for more game modes, more army branches, lack of hit markers, etc. as the cause for the general game fatigue - one can hope that the community will reunite at that point.

- Trusty

I have a question for Trusty. In the road map was said, that there will be big maps 2x2 in the future with several regiments attacking different points of contension, that should cooperate with each over. How are u planing to do all this without trained regiments? On pub servers with random school generals? Who do u think will form and lead all this random forces in the future? With artillary and cav? And do u read all the messeges here? We are trying to make a dialog, try to fined another desisions, cause its already understood, that devs don't want passwards, at list in nowdays.

P.S. And how can u speak about Artificial feedback from regiments when regiments try to make this game more popular, we bring new people to the game, not only recruting, we know the structure of this game, cause we play right from the start, we talk to each over to understand where we are mistaken or not. We want compromise- not blood of anybody in this game...
    Last edited by Tibib0; 04-09-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    With best wishes from Russian community

1st LT Lefty, 4thNJ Staff.

I joined during the US holidays. I watched the then Capt Raider sending a Pvt to the "Tree of Woe" I found a true reenactment group. We talk around the campfire. We have tent assignments in the camps. We laugh, scream, yell, and then talk about battles during and after. When I joined during my Christmas break, There were 400+ on, on 3 different servers at any given time. (minus 2am-8am US ST) Major Raider (4thNJ) has been doing this long enough to know what we need and what will benefit the community. No he is not a god, but I am sure he only wants whats best for the WoR community. We have to band together if we want to move this amazing experience forward. Please do not fight over this. Lets line up and move War of Rights forward. Even if it is not something I personally want, I would like it for the community.

I see the names here. You guys need to pull off and sort this out. You are all heroes in the WoR community. Don't get butt hurt. Do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We added a much requested server admin tab menu tool in the last update.

I don't think it entirely valid to state that we are not doing anything.

I very much agree with Lefir's point regarding server passwords not bringing in more players - instead it might (it most certainly will due to some of the remarks I've read here stating that it will become so game changing that entire companies will forget about their game fatigue due to this simple change) make companies play exclusively behind closed doors, until they see that the inclusion of server passwords to keep out non company players, of which several tools to enable to you remove the worst offenders have already been released, have little to no effect on the game fatigue their members are experiencing which is why their companies are bleeding numbers which is likely why they are asking for server passwords in the first place as they seem to have selected the lack of server passwords as the entire reason for general game fatigue (others have chosen to select the lack of hitmarkers as the reason for the very same).

The arguement stating that company member game fatigue will vanish and they'll return to much happier and active days with password protected servers added is problematic even if true (which I doubt as per my above comments). IF the arguement is true, however, no serious and active company will play on the non-password protected servers (as per the arguement that non password protected servers are so horrible for events, unit teamplay, etc).

This means we'll have a divided community for good (again I think this is highly unlikely, but this is what happens if the reports of the people wanting password protected servers are correct).

As Poorlaggedman pointed out, this will result in "artificial feedback" from the majority of our companies, meaning that since they exclusively play behind locked doors with certain rules enforced (they will be if the claims that the addition of password protected servers make entire companies return and play and removes their game fatigue are correct) we only ever get game feedback from a large portion of the community given based on a safe environment with specific rulesets enforced which is going to hurt the development of the game going forward.

Here's my prediction of what will happen if we introduce password protected servers:

Company activity will, probably, at first increase. Events will be set up in the above mentioned safe areas. Artificial feedback will be given, etc. Once the shine of the new feature has died down companies affected by game fatigue will continue to bleed members even in their safe, artificial, environments.

Companies will stick to the passworded option as that is what is treated as the scapegoat of the game fatigue and continue to bleed members.

Eventually, the focus will shift to requests for more game modes, more army branches, lack of hit markers, etc. as the cause for the general game fatigue - one can hope that the community will reunite at that point.

- Trusty
    Sadly you are so out of touch with your community it's scary. We will play on public servers 85% of the time because we need to bring in players into our groups to keep growing. Plus many of the groups here complaining are not shedding numbers my group is adding 3-5 new recruits everyday and we bring 20-25 members to each event. What gives players fatigue is working hard to plan and train for events only to have it all go to shit because the reasons mentioned by many on this post. Also nobody gives a dam what poorlaggedman thinks because he isn't an influential member of the community, he is a forum jockey who contributes 0% to the community. If you guys can't get with the program perhaps it's time for companies to arrange for a STRIKE.