Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

Please keep the feedback civil, thank you.

- Trusty

I lead the company and BAM, some asshole kills me. Lose time on the, to say the admin playing on the other side, that to he use admin rights and search and ban him. In the end I already lost the initiative.

Why are you reinventing the wheel? Just get it ready and use. Therefore, you will come up with a bike with jet traction and steep brakes, but for now you need a simple solution.

Thank you, we'll be taking advice and will ban all randomness, who comes to the server on the event without an invitation. I think this is a good alternative instead of trying to add the ability to PUT a PASSWORD!
    Last edited by Leifr; 04-08-2019 at 07:36 PM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    Thank you, we'll be taking advice and will ban all randomness, who comes to the server on the event without an invitation. I think this is a good alternative instead of trying to add the ability to PUT a PASSWORD!
    It's the only alternative that you have right now.

Ok, as someone who loves playing this game I am confused about "events" on private severs. Bear with me I am pretty new to all this.

I haven't joined a regiment or anything and not sure if I will or not. But, I probably won't soon. Regardless, when I log in tonight, as I typically do ...should I *not* choose a certain type of server if a private event is occurring? I do not wish to butt in on anyone's planned event if not invited. I usually only see one server at a time with any players in it, so I always choose that one. And if I can't join a private event (and again, I am not against people who pay for servers having their own private event, they certainly should be able to say who is invited and who is not) ...there really isn't anything to do...the player population is just not big enough for another skirmish to be happening at the same time , at least in my experience.

So, now with this new feature...can I get some indication that I should NOT join a "event " server? Seriously this is my newest favorite game and it's great but not really that smooth and loading and leaving a server can take awhile on my machine, and if I am going to get kicked from a private server event anyway, not sure why I would even log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    Ok, as someone who loves playing this game I am confused about "events" on private severs. Bear with me I am pretty new to all this.

I haven't joined a regiment or anything and not sure if I will or not. But, I probably won't soon. Regardless, when I log in tonight, as I typically do ...should I *not* choose a certain type of server if a private event is occurring? I do not wish to butt in on anyone's planned event if not invited. I usually only see one server at a time with any players in it, so I always choose that one. And if I can't join a private event (and again, I am not against people who pay for servers having their own private event, they certainly should be able to say who is invited and who is not) ...there really isn't anything to do...the player population is just not big enough for another skirmish to be happening at the same time , at least in my experience.

So, now with this new feature...can I get some indication that I should NOT join a "event " server? Seriously this is my newest favorite game and it's great but not really that smooth and loading and leaving a server can take awhile on my machine, and if I am going to get kicked from a private server event anyway, not sure why I would even log in.
    Please do feel free to join any server of your liking.

If joining a non official server, however, be aware that you may be asked to follow certain rules or the like (and it appears some will ban every non regimental player which is a great way of killing their server but it is their server so they are obviously free to do so).

Most companies and regiments will welcome new players at most times as long as you follow their lead.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    ^^^^^

I can't speak for all regiments and I won't pretend to. I know on our event night we happily welcome pubs as long as they don't take a officer spot, we have room, and aren't a troll. There are plenty of good pubby players out there so don't think of this as a bash pubby fest as some people like to make it.

Major issues that arise with the good players are communication though as most regiments use teamspeak or discord to talk when they have units across the map but that not the pubby fault and I've seen most be able to just follow the lines as the in game chat is utilized. The bad players are a whole new ball of wax. You will have one's take officer spots and when asked to give it up they team kill or continue to try to give orders and a admin might not be on or on the other team. The new way of using the tab menu has helped but unless the 2 sides are in communication then you require a admin on both sides at all times.

The few line battles I have tried have ended unfortunately in great failures as most NOT all pub players refuse to do it.

It's really a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario. If the bad pub players join if makes the regiment have a bad time but if they are kicked then you see people out with pitchforks and torches saying X regiment kicked me from their server. I try and keep the philosophy simple in saying if the regiment is paying for it then they should be able to do what they want unmolested.

I do encourage you to try to get on a regiment event when you can though. The gameplay is extremely different from what you find outside of it

Thanks, Galahad and Trusty. The last thing anyone has to worry about from me, is taking a CO spot. I'm happiest in the ranks and prefer it.

Thanks, Galahad and Trusty. The last thing anyone has to worry about from me, is taking a CO spot. I'm happiest in the ranks and prefer it.
    Anytime dude, and if you ever have a question that might pop up feel free to message me. I'll answer to the best of my abilities. Hope to see you in game!

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Please do feel free to join any server of your liking.

If joining a non official server, however, be aware that you may be asked to follow certain rules or the like (and it appears some will ban every non regimental player which is a great way of killing their server but it is their server so they are obviously free to do so).

Most companies and regiments will welcome new players at most times as long as you follow their lead.

- Trusty
    Thanks for deciding to respond to a public player and choosing not to respond to someone paying a $100 a month to host an active server and plan events to keep your community engaged.

Can we get movement on this issue? Meet us in the middle here guys, many groups are not happy about you guys stonewalling the community on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Thanks for deciding to respond to a public player and choosing not to respond to someone paying a $100 a month to host an active server and plan events to keep your community engaged.

Can we get movement on this issue? Meet us in the middle here guys, many groups are not happy about you guys stonewalling the community on this issue.
    You're welcome. My reply before that was to a company player I believe so it's 50/50.

Just because I choose to not answer every piece of feedback here it doesn't mean that I'm not reading nor discussing said feedback with the team.

If you do not think it worth it to rent a server when comparing price (of which we gain nothing - that is all g-portal's earnings) and current features then do not rent a server. We have official servers available for this exact reason.

We are not stonewalling the community. We are very well aware that passworded servers is a much requested feature by a large portion of the community.

- Trusty