Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Server Passwords

CSA Captain

Thank you Trusty. I'm glad we could come to a compromise.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Thanks Trusty, excellent reply and thank you for your honesty; speaking for my unit, we appreciate it!

Trusty, thanks for your interaction and candour. Please don’t let the hotheads dissuade you from future discussions in the forum.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hello again everyone!

….

I'd like to thank the people engaging in a constructive way in this thread to get us to look into this. I, however, also regret the tone between myself and other community members getting as bad as it did - I would like to apologize for my part in making it so.

….

- Trusty
    I believe the 'tone' in certain threads is more on how certain people perceive or interpret written text without fully grasping the context or original mindset.
    People also have a certain flair/way which can differ entirely due to personal style/culture …
    Many people on the forum are passionate about their vision or ideas which can make them entrenched and leading to a defensive or offensive posture.

My post was definitely not ment as any form of personal reprimand but rather an attempt to 'ease the tension and let people do some reflection' in order to return to a healthy communication.
    It addressed Trusty but it also addressed the community (including myself) to stimulate further progress.
    The forums are just a part of the community and alas some other voices (positive & negative) aren't always heared.

Sure there is some complaining/fatigue but we are making progress in gamemodes, maps, bugfixes, player count …
    This is a "niche" game in the oceans of games and luckily there are some diehard fans out there.

I hope events are more manageable and some events bring pubbies & regiments closer together.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Actual topic

Just a headsup that a passworded server implementation might take a while longer.

Our new UI Engineer sadly left us after only being with us for roughly a month in order to relocate to an offered job in Finland. This means we currently lack the skillset to make this happen (at least properly) on the team.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

... that`s one way to put it.

Well I and I know a big portion of the community hopes for a reinforcement on the team, to get to passworded servers asap.

Thx you for answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    ... that`s one way to put it.

Well I and I know a big portion of the community hopes for a reinforcement on the team, to get to passworded servers asap.
    We're in no rush to fill the position. We've had 3 different people on it for the past year (it's the only position that has seen any change at all on the team).

We want to make sure the next person is actually committed for the long haul.

- Trusty