Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Passwords

Players are gonna play, you can't expect much else. I doubt the artillery will be as interesting as people think it will. At long range it will be boring. At any other range the gunners will be ravaged. A revamped role selection would help in making people make conscious decisions on who they're going to partner with in-game and gift us a higher likelihood of someone with a brain and proper motives at the helm. I'd gladly trade a couple human-controlled guns vs the annoying AI barrages we have now.

Passwords aren't really about exclusion they're about enhancing the experience. In that case it's all the more dangerous from an early community standpoint because players simply won't want to play outside of locked events if the unlocked game experience is crap. That's been the doom of so many realism-based games because they revolve solely around a set place and time of the week in something that isn't just pure competition. Beyond that the players will scatter, company or not. The lamestream shooters don't rely on that. You hop on a server, get your KDR up and banter with each other. Because we chase a higher experience (which is incredibly challenging for a game to provide on its own), we're not inclined to just try to conjure it up out of the given game systems in a public server which aren't designed to provide it much to the downfall of server populations. It'd be much better to work up that public gameplay to a point where it provides the desired experience more fluidly first flower.gif
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 03-29-2019 at 10:04 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    ... I doubt the artillery will be as interesting as people think it will. At long range it will be boring. At any other range the gunners will be ravaged. …
    No doubt it takes a special breed of player to play artillery.

CSA Captain

Nothing special just a interest and joy for artillery is needed. Cant wait !

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by themattymoose View Post
    Keep up not having a password protection options or at least assigning teams there won't be events, regiments/companies die and you get a worse circumstance.
    Yes, like this Saturday....

The TGV (German Volunteers - a German Community of 4 Companys) tried to make a Event and invited 3 other Companys to our Server.
    It was a disaster, we couldnīt balance the Teams and all the time new Pubs came in we needed to kick all the time because no one was listening to the admins or to the orders from the Companys.

In the end there where way to many to kick them all, and the other companys couldn't enter the server.

in the end the Pubs complained that they get kicked the companys that they cant get in and so the event got closed, and no one had a nice time......

so the TGV will no longer host any events until PW servers are done because its impossible to do!

greetings Iron

(sry for my shit english grammar)
    Last edited by William; 04-01-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by Quaker; 04-01-2019 at 12:46 PM.

CSA Captain

means you should play the game smarter and in a more tactical manner. Both sides will have artillery and both sides have something extra to worry about and the artillerist can only shoot at what they see or the info they get from the field.
    I do not see a difference when i play Squad / Hell Let Loose or similar games like that. But that is of course my personal view on this.

** see that the post I replied to was deleted **
    Last edited by Dutchconfederate; 04-01-2019 at 01:03 PM.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    ** see that the post I replied to was deleted **
    maybe because its a password thread not a arty thread.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    maybe because its a password thread not a arty thread.
    Could be

Alright, gonna voice my opinion here again and i'll see if I can get the pitchforks out and after me again. The core gameplay should always be tailored to public non regimental play. A good core game that is tailored well to the needs of the common people that play it is what will build the community. While Regiments are a vital and integral part of this community tailoring the game to them first will drive away most people. This should be the last thing regiments should want because if new people arent playing the game for long because the base game has issues it really doesnt matter how good the regimentals event are in quality, especially if they are passworded off to the general public. Less new people joining the game means less people to recruit from. On the flip side Regiments should be able to have way more control and ability to modify their own servers to suit their own play style and for events as far as officer counts and regiments are concerned. Passworded servers for "quality gameplay" just continues to drive the notion that you need a regiment to play the game "properly" which should not be the case. Until the core of the game play is fine tuned to the general public and the game doesnt rely on regiments to populate it then it will be a good idea to allow passworded and truly private server. This may come as some shock but not everyone want to join a regiment, they just want to play the game and have fun, if they have a hard time having fun they are not going to stick around and if they dont stick around the chances of them seeing what regiments actually have to offer and bring to the table is slim to none. If regiments can put their needs aside for the needs of the game as whole first i think it will benefit them more in the long run.

https://www.twitch.tv/captainteddybear - My twitch channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...CiFAYlhMjuDgRw - CaptainTeddybear's Youtube

https://discord.gg/5yK5hDS - Big Iron Gaming Discord.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BigIronGames - Big Iron Gaming Steam group.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted E. Bear View Post
    Alright, gonna voice my opinion here again and i'll see if I can get the pitchforks out and after me again. The core gameplay should always be tailored to public non regimental play. A good core game that is tailored well to the needs of the common people that play it is what will build the community. While Regiments are a vital and integral part of this community tailoring the game to them first will drive away most people. This should be the last thing regiments should want because if new people arent playing the game for long because the base game has issues it really doesnt matter how good the regimentals event are in quality, especially if they are passworded off to the general public. Less new people joining the game means less people to recruit from. On the flip side Regiments should be able to have way more control and ability to modify their own servers to suit their own play style and for events as far as officer counts and regiments are concerned. Passworded servers for "quality gameplay" just continues to drive the notion that you need a regiment to play the game "properly" which should not be the case. Until the core of the game play is fine tuned to the general public and the game doesnt rely on regiments to populate it then it will be a good idea to allow passworded and truly private server. This may come as some shock but not everyone want to join a regiment, they just want to play the game and have fun, if they have a hard time having fun they are not going to stick around and if they dont stick around the chances of them seeing what regiments actually have to offer and bring to the table is slim to none. If regiments can put their needs aside for the needs of the game as whole first i think it will benefit them more in the long run.
    Amen to that. Look at Verdun as an example - they left jumpshooting in for years to appease the "competitive" clans, which drove off newcomers who were expecting a historical game. Now, despite being the only authentic WW1 shooter (along with Tannenberg), it's dead. Cater for the masses, or the games will dry up.