Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-3-2019 Forty-Second Field Report: Picket Patrol Released!

8-3-2019 Forty-Second Field Report: Picket Patrol Released!

Field Report 41:Phase 3 Release and Early Access Roadmap posted 12-12-2018 CLICK TO VIEW

RhettVito
    Line battle time !

This should be interesting indeed!

CSA Lieutenant General

WOW forcing pickits into line! awesome.....
    <a href=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/945090495181582704/0264FD175199F266213BDA15740FE893D8668AF2/ target=_blank>https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...FE893D8668AF2/</a>

USA General of the Army

They say they listened but here is the part that I think disputes that statement ....
    "Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds."

Really? We are making the ticket system and formations even more restrictive?
    We want less restrictive game play that actually encourages skirming and the solution is more closely packed lines?

Let me see if I can adequately capture how this game is starting to make me feel ...
    Jy4Eu.jpg
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    They say they listened but here is the part that I think disputes that statement ....
    "Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds."

Really? We are making the ticket system and formations even more restrictive?
    We want less restrictive game play that actually encourages skirming and the solution is more closely packed lines?

Let me see if I can adequately capture how this game is starting to make me feel ...
    Jy4Eu.jpg
    The idea behind it is simple:
    Since there is just 1-life per soldier, it might be a boring round, if someone just sits and camp in a bush.
    Imagine all but 1 guy died during the round, the last one is just hiding in a bush for the last 12 minutes

USA General of the Army

Its not like this game mode isnt going to change over time either.

It's a solid addition. Should keep us happy for awhile. I have not been on yet but I want to know. Since we are patrolling our own camps will we be able to select any regiment to play as?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    It's a solid addition. Should keep us happy for awhile. I have not been on yet but I want to know. Since we are patrolling our own camps will we be able to select any regiment to play as?
    Right now, the areas have pre scripted regiments. They might be random in the near future.

USA General of the Army

I may have missed this is the report, but how many areas of that map are there available for this mode?