Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-3-2019 Forty-Second Field Report: Picket Patrol Released!

RhettVito
    Please keep this mode how it is keep it restricted! It will be nice to finally play with no Rambo's. Now I would say have the battle 20 minutes long instead of 15 minutes. Also better bullet penetration on houses. This game mode will be perfect for unit on unit battle! No more just rushing the point! This gamemode is hardcore it will require a lot of scouting and very good tactical positioning. -Now we will really see who the better tactical leaders are.
    Last edited by RhettVito; 03-08-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks for the mode Devs! Should be fun to try out.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    -Now we will really see who the better tactical leaders are.
    We already know.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    They say they listened but here is the part that I think disputes that statement ....
    "Due to the mode being a single life mode, formation requirements will be stricter than those found in the Skirmishes game mode, not allowing players to be “out of line” for more than 30 seconds."

Really? We are making the ticket system and formations even more restrictive?
    We want less restrictive game play that actually encourages skirming and the solution is more closely packed lines?

Let me see if I can adequately capture how this game is starting to make me feel ...
    Attachment 10661
    The pubbies are already forming three-man skirmishing groups. Relax.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Musician

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    We already know.

WORD. That is the truth man.

I am going to join in and say thank you to the devs. I have heard a lot of bitching but...hey that's what they are going to do..bitch and bitch because "It's not perfect" LITERALLY the same day the update happened. While I do have my own issues with the way the development of this game has been handled, I also respect that I don't understand what it takes to do this work. I appreciate the fact that you listen to us. For all those people who say that you didn't...well I can't help them not be pissy about everything. While I don't see how this game mode can even be viable until locked servers, I am thankful this update wasn't just a few fps change, and puddles that "squelch" as you walk lol.

TLDR: THE COMMUNITY BITCHES TOO MUCH. THANK YOU DEVS.
    "The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard."
    - Major General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    We already know.
    See ya the field reb we will see about that.
    Last edited by RhettVito; 03-08-2019 at 11:03 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    See ya the field reb we will see about that.
    We "saw about it" three rounds in a row this morning.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    The pubbies are already forming three-man skirmishing groups. Relax.
    LMAO ... small groups of Rambos not working together is NOT a formation, is nothing new nor is it helpful.
    Bum rushing to houses and hunkering down to wait out the timer is such a change from bum rushing to a fence line or specific set of rocks, hunkering down and waiting out the timer.
    Yeah this mode is so different, unique and enjoyable.

Well, it isn't all bad I suppose ... we can still head back to Drill Camp and oooo and aaaah over muddy footprints like before this 'game changing' patch. /facepalm
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

LMAO ... small groups of Rambos not working together is NOT a formation, is nothing new nor is it helpful.
    Bum rushing to houses and hunkering down to wait out the timer is such a change from bum rushing to a fence line or specific set of rocks, hunkering down and waiting out the timer.

Well, it isn't all bad I suppose ... we can still head back to Drill Camp and oooo and aaaah over muddy footprints like before this 'game changing' patch. /facepalm
    No one is forcing you to attack an enemy in a superior position to yours.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

You can shoot through their cover, Cooley. Hardly a difficult tactic lmao.