Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picket patrol

That would be ideal. I hope that is the way they choose to implement it.

Technically if the penetration is a set percentage chance then the likelihood of a bullet penetrating a second wall is always reduced, but I know what you're saying.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Bullet penetration should be near 100% for the initial wooden surface, followed by a 20% reduction in chance of penetration each additional surface impact. Just my two cents.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Bullet penetration should be near 100% for the initial wooden surface, followed by a 20% reduction in chance of penetration each additional surface impact. Just my two cents.
    I've live fired the 1853 Enfield, shooting at a beef carcass & cedar planking. At very short, or medium ranges, a straight through shot did horrific damage, but even at those ranges penetration was never one hundred percent. There are live firing vids on YouTube that you can watch (mostly Sprinfields) and you'll see that the minie was just as likely to flatten out as it was to penetrate. At short range the results are pretty conclusive, and most shots will go straight through wood, but once you move to medium/long range the results are very eratic indeed.

There is, however, another angle on all of this. Circa 1862, troops who were holed up in a building would be pretty helpless to stop a sustained infantry assault (Fredericksburg?) they could not put out the volume of fire needed because they were in buildings. So from a game mechanic perspective you could argue that increased penetration makes sense, but certainly not 100%.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA General of the Army

This is where I'd be willing to bend the rules of physics a bit for the sake of gameplay. If the whole purpose of this mode is to kill all enemies or have more kills before time runs out, you need something pushing people in that direction. Otherwise you're looking at standoffs around houses.