Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

USA General of the Army

I would hate a 15 min game per match. let it be 1 life till all are dead, no timers the matches go pretty quickly as the dead drop. but not so sure about a 150 man 1 life game, if ur killed out right 3 min in, thats a long wait for a new match, as it was with the first test, people were not so quick to put their heads up like a turkey LOL. but never seemed able to to have no more than 50 per side, within an hour, it was like 30 per side. I along with others were always timing out, which wasnt much fun at all. so I quit.

CSA Colonel

We need this mode on private servers ASAP. This is a very positive step as a far as gameplay is concerned.

Texans Always Move Them

Quote Originally Posted by smurfed View Post
    I enjoy it as a bit of a change from skirmish, but I don't really think the core gameplay of WoR works with the gamemode very well, and it doesn't depict a very historically accurate scenario of Civil War combat.
    I do think there could be potential though once private servers are added, as it seems like a good gamemode for Regiment vs. Regiment competitive play.
    It is not supposed to depict typical line battle civil war combat. It is supposed to depict a "what if" scenario if two pickets encountered each other on patrol and then engaged. It honestly works really well as a game mode.

Tonight was the first time trying it out and it was a really good time.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    We need this mode on private servers ASAP. This is a very positive step as a far as gameplay is concerned.
    Yes please! Then we can finally have unit on unit battles.

We had a very successful event this evening using this game mode. As the others have said we need this on private servers ASAP!!!

Tonites organized event was one of the best times I have personally had on WOR. There actually seems to be a purpose and with room to maneuver and "trying" to fight the battle on your own chosen ground I think is outstanding. To the instant gratifiers that feel no respawning is a problem or that spectating their own side for god forbid 10-15 minutes is a downer, its very simple - don't play this game style, play your skirmish and be done with it. Just feels that this mode is made for company play and could possibly hold semi battalion maneuvers for great line battles - involving skirmishers, future calvary and artillery. Officers had a job to do that was important. Feels this is actually the most legitimate of the game styles on offer... just my 2c worth... Game times could be longer by admin choice, desertion times also should be longer(again by admin choice) to allow for detached skirmishers or reinforcement of separate companies. Good step in the right direction.
    1stMI(K) 2nd LT. Anzacmick
    https://discord.gg/rERq9A8

Quote Originally Posted by ANZACMICK View Post
    Tonites organized event was one of the best times I have personally had on WOR. There actually seems to be a purpose and with room to maneuver and "trying" to fight the battle on your own chosen ground I think is outstanding. To the instant gratifiers that feel no respawning is a problem or that spectating their own side for god forbid 10-15 minutes is a downer, its very simple - don't play this game style, play your skirmish and be done with it. Just feels that this mode is made for company play and could possibly hold semi battalion maneuvers for great line battles - involving skirmishers, future calvary and artillery. Officers had a job to do that was important. Feels this is actually the most legitimate of the game styles on offer... just my 2c worth... Game times could be longer by admin choice, desertion times also should be longer(again by admin choice) to allow for detached skirmishers or reinforcement of separate companies. Good step in the right direction.
    I second this. One of the best modes I have played since owning this game was tonight playing Pickett Patrol!

CSA Captain

Does anyone have a tl;Dr of what calymmst said? It sounds like, from a brief look through, that this game mode is exactly what he wants minus the one life.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

USA Captain

Timer needs to go down to 5 minutes tops.