Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

USA General of the Army

If fences and barns and houses will no longer protect you from a bullet how about some lawn mowing too, LOL. The corn field can get chopped down from all the firing as well, along with the branches and shrubs in the forest fighting. That would be interesting.

CSA Captain

You know.....maybe this mode would be a lot more interesting if it was Cavalry regiments only, just a thought.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    You know.....maybe this mode would be a lot more interesting if it was Cavalry regiments only, just a thought.
    Already working on such a scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Already working on such a scenario
    Please no we want more choices not less.

USA Captain

I really like the idea and i think it great as it reminds me of NW its just whichever team survives wins and multiple in this case 2 lines going in different directions no one is defending or attacking point which i really like, the only quarrel i have is some of the maps within most of the rounds ive played of picket its just been whoever takes the house first as alot have houses in them and it becomes a house battle, i think it would be better if it was more openfields and forrests inbetween causeing skirmishes from afar or line battles but dont get me wrong there's fields and open ground in picket but thats just my thouhgt, im not really liking the timer but thats me. Over all i love the idea of one life and no point!

USA Captain

In all, I just want to see multiple companies leading men not just two, fuckin arty which i know devs are working on so ty fella's! and Cav though not a lot to be op obviously a very big ask but if I could have my wildest dreams thats what it would be! dont get me wrong its still a fuckin great game!

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    If fences and barns and houses will no longer protect you from a bullet how about some lawn mowing too, LOL. The corn field can get chopped down from all the firing as well, along with the branches and shrubs in the forest fighting. That would be interesting.
    I remember way back they said there was no corn destruction because it would be harder to have a high server population with destructible corn. Maybe things have changed since then though. I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    I remember way back they said there was no corn destruction because it would be harder to have a high server population with destructible corn. Maybe things have changed since then though. I dont know.
    Same here Matt, as I remember, it would use to much of their engine up, and they wanted to do other things instead.

USA General of the Army

With the cornfield scenario placed at the time it is now, the corn had been traversed a couple times by the time 1st TX went across it. I doubt there would have been much left standing upright by that point.

Since destructible corn seems to be such an issue maybe it should be possible to toggle trampled corn on and off as an admin ability in the future or something.