Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

Since destructible corn seems to be such an issue maybe it should be possible to toggle trampled corn on and off as an admin ability in the future or something.

I just want a rustling corn animation so people can see that there's movement there.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5nP

USA General of the Army

I like the idea of rustling corn, and the crows flying out, as men walk through it, if it cant be mowed down.

CSA Sergeant

After playing and practicing in small Picket Patrol games with PLGA, I can definitely say that the game is infinitely more enjoyable when you don't have formation restrictions breathing down your neck the entire match.
    The restrictions aren't necessarily as noticeable in the larger games because as long as you have at least three or four people around you there isn't a countdown, but when you're in a game that is 7v7, it really narrows down what you can do on the battlefield. Last night we spent a couple hours on a small picket patrol game, and I found myself dreading the times when the server would hit the player cap, even though we WANTED more players in the game originally, it became a chore, because now instead of individually moving from tree to tree, we were forced to cluster in a tiny huddle around a single piece of cover.
    I really wish the developers would at least give server owners the ability to turn formation restrictions off, because I don't think rambo players take away from the gameplay as much as these restrictive rules do.

CSA Captain

It's Team Deathmatch with Civil War clothing and weapons, I've got zero interest in it, and I never will have. It's a backwards step, & I cannot understand why time and money was invested in it. At this point we should have had at least some inkling, or mention, of where this game is actually heading & we have not. The homepage talked about things on a grand, even epic, scale and we've not even seen a glimpse of that. At this point I've stopped believing that we'll ever see more than 150 players on a server, that Campfire Games nailed themselves to an engine that cannot deliver their original vision, & this Picket Patrol feels like the little Dutch boy sticking his fingers in the holes to stop the dam bursting.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Sgt Jinx, Company B, 1st Georgia Regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    It's Team Deathmatch with Civil War clothing and weapons, I've got zero interest in it, and I never will have. It's a backwards step, & I cannot understand why time and money was invested in it. At this point we should have had at least some inkling, or mention, of where this game is actually heading & we have not. The homepage talked about things on a grand, even epic, scale and we've not even seen a glimpse of that. At this point I've stopped believing that we'll ever see more than 150 players on a server, that Campfire Games nailed themselves to an engine that cannot deliver their original vision, & this Picket Patrol feels like the little Dutch boy sticking his fingers in the holes to stop the dam bursting.
    With one life, with random spawn points, with harsher formation rules with random time of day settings and with hidden kill counts. Not sure I’d label it as a generic TDM mode but each to their own.

Its a response to several of the long time community members asking for a more free form game mode.

Our game engine is just as capable as any other available out there in regards to player counts.

Our focus has been on server stability before testing higher player counts. I’m happy to announce that we have yet to see a single mass boot from a server due to stability issues since the last update was released which mean we’ll be starting to test higher player numbers soon.

I’d keep an eye out for announcements.

We’ve been very careful with overselling our game in regards to promised player numbers. The most concrete we’ve ever been has been stating “several hundred” was a target of ours.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    With one life, with random spawn points, with harsher formation rules with random time of day settings and with hidden kill counts. Not sure I’d label it as a generic TDM mode but each to their own.

Its a response to several of the long time community members asking for a more free form game mode.

Our game engine is just as capable as any other available out there in regards to player counts.

Our focus has been on server stability before testing higher player counts. I’m happy to announce that we have yet to see a single mass boot from a server due to stability issues since the last update was released which mean we’ll be starting to test higher player numbers soon.

I’d keep an eye out for announcements.

We’ve been very careful with overselling our game in regards to promised player numbers. The most concrete we’ve ever been has been stating “several hundred” was a target of ours.

- Trusty
    It's Team Deathmatch. If you ever do announce that WoR is still heading in the direction of your original vision then nobody will be happier than me, ominous silence never bodes well Trusty, & given the current toilet that gaming is in you'll have to forgive the lack of faith.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

Sgt Jinx, Company B, 1st Georgia Regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    It's Team Deathmatch. If you ever do announce that WoR is still heading in the direction of your original vision then nobody will be happier than me, ominous silence never bodes well Trusty, & given the current toilet that gaming is in you'll have to forgive the lack of faith.
    We disagree then.

I’m sorry we appear as being silent to you - I’m also sorry we appear as not being headed towards our vision as WoR is hugely driven by our vision.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We disagree then.

I’m sorry we appear as being silent to you - I’m also sorry we appear as not being headed towards our vision as WoR is hugely driven by our vision.

- Trusty
    Speaking for one of the larger groups, we enjoy the new game mode, think the devs are communicating fine, and keep up the good work. We like where the game is headed. That is all!

Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade CO
    4th Texas Infantry CO