Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Timer needs to go down to 5 minutes tops.
    Lol good joke!

5 minutes wouldn't allow you time for anything

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    Timer needs to go down to 5 minutes tops.
    That is way too short. 15 minutes is perfect for the size of the patrol areas.

USA General of the Army

Heres a what if, what if WOR gave us the people who have paid for this game, let us control on a private server, the options of 1 life, how many times one can respawn after a death, where people can spawn from, and turn OFF all the Timers of death, let us control what we want as a game. To be able to Turn off the out of line tickets we cant see, make both sides even, turn off all the time counters, and watch those player controlled servers stay filled up with players. Let us turn off the moral death count forcing people to stand, when kneeling behind cover is so beneficial. now woudnt that be something. im not asking for player kill counters, lol I can count my own self, LOL. Start a poll vote of on or off, for timer for this , that ticket counts, ect.ect. I can be democratic and go with an honest vote count, as long as the dead dont vote here like in a presidential election, LOL and let that be it. im not the only one who hates all the timers. I once said leave rambos in, cause it was going to cause more harm than good, and just deal with em.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 03-10-2019 at 04:04 PM.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Does anyone have a tl;Dr of what calymmst said? It sounds like, from a brief look through, that this game mode is exactly what he wants minus the one life.
    Labelle i am tired of all the Timers of death, Timers of where to be or die, timers of not having enough men beside you or die. I cant wait to see the penalty i will get, when I get to use the scoped rifle, LOL. Im sure a timer will be involved, LOL

USA General of the Army

At the very least, the out of line timer needs to be relaxed. Its near impossible to scout without dragging an entire line with you. I'd also say 20 minutes per round would be the max, otherwise its going to be a sit and wait fest that will never end.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    Heres a what if, what if WOR gave us the people who have paid for this game, let us control on a private server, the options of 1 life, how many times one can respawn after a death, where people can spawn from, and turn OFF all the Timers of death, let us control what we want as a game. To be able to Turn off the out of line tickets we cant see, make both sides even, turn off all the time counters, and watch those player controlled servers stay filled up with players. Let us turn off the moral death count forcing people to stand, when kneeling behind cover is so beneficial. now woudnt that be something. im not asking for player kill counters, lol I can count my own self, LOL. Start a poll vote of on or off, for timer for this , that ticket counts, ect.ect. I can be democratic and go with an honest vote count, as long as the dead dont vote here like in a presidential election, LOL and let that be it. im not the only one who hates all the timers. I once said leave rambos in, cause it was going to cause more harm than good, and just deal with em.
    So funny, one page ago you said, and I quote:

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    people will go Play ARMA 3 at this rate
    and now here you are saying that you want WoR to basically be Arma 3/Post Scriptum/CoD/Battlefield.......but with muskets lol. Why don't you just come out and say you want Battle Royale and be done with it I think you'll find that most people are/were actually here to play something that resembles American Civil War combat.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

RhettVito
    ''Picket Patrol'' Vote

https://www.strawpoll.me/17583274

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    ...Arma 3/Post Scriptum/CoD/Battlefield...
    He did say "let us control on a private server", meaning he would pay for this liberty, for his rights (pun) on his own server.
    You don't like those choices? Fine, do not log in on that server. You're still free to play the flavour you enjoy, same as they.
    Worst case scenario (from your perspective)? The game brings back players or attracts a more arcade-ish segment of players, who will be concentrated on a few select servers. That is not bad.

While most other titles leave their players as much freedom as possible, here you get imprisoned with so many "do not". Why not try variants and see if they are more popular? Player base will play what it enjoys, not what you will them to play. Relax the stranglehold.
    Last edited by EneCtin; 03-10-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Anyone else having problems seeing the picket patrol server on the server list?