Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ''Picket Patrol'' Community discussion.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogyoro15 View Post
    Anyone else having problems seeing the picket patrol server on the server list?
    yep

Appears to be down

Can't say I care for the new game mode. The maps are gorgeous and the gameplay has a lot of potential but with the current timer systems mixed with most maps I've played on being a rush to whatever house can be found I haven't found it to be enjoyable. I would see it being better fit as a event game mode but I think without passwords on a server it leaves a lot to be wanted. Outside of messing about I don't see my regiment really playing in this game mode.

I don't want this to seem like a dev bashing post because that isn't the case. I appreciate all work that the dev's put in and any progress game related is good. Only pointing out myself and the majority of my regiment don't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    Can't say I care for the new game mode. The maps are gorgeous and the gameplay has a lot of potential but with the current timer systems mixed with most maps I've played on being a rush to whatever house can be found I haven't found it to be enjoyable. I would see it being better fit as a event game mode but I think without passwords on a server it leaves a lot to be wanted. Outside of messing about I don't see my regiment really playing in this game mode.

I don't want this to seem like a dev bashing post because that isn't the case. I appreciate all work that the dev's put in and any progress game related is good. Only pointing out myself and the majority of my regiment don't care for it.
    Thanks for the feedback.

No worries - it doesn't read like dev bashing at all.

Higher wood penetration percentages are coming in the next build (excluding thick wood types such as tree trunks) which will help weaken the house rush idea.

I will, however, state as I have done before that no one is forcing you to attack a fortified enemy as there are no other objective in the mode than to kill as many enemies as possible. The enemy is just as dependant on killing you as you are on killing him.

Lastly it is perfectly fine to not care for the mode. We knew this would be the case for a part of our playerbase as it is radically different from the Skirmishes game mode (which was our intention when designing it).

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Glad to hear the increased penetration is coming! I think that will do wonders to downplay the house rush meta! Loving this new game mode.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Glad to hear the increased penetration is coming! I think that will do wonders to downplay the house rush meta! Loving this new game mode.
    I am Just a little worried about balancing issues if fences/structures will give less protection.

On some maps stone walls could prove somewhat superior.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Captain

WTT Picket Patrol for Battle

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    I am Just a little worried about balancing issues if fences/structures will give less protection.

On some maps stone walls could prove somewhat superior.
    On most maps, the stone walls have extremely limited tactical value just based on their position. Easily flanked, etc. What this will mean for Antietam skirmishes though is an increased importance played on accuracy and put shooting your opponent.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    On most maps, the stone walls have extremely limited tactical value just based on their position. Easily flanked, etc. What this will mean for Antietam skirmishes though is an increased importance played on accuracy and put shooting your opponent.
    Amen, which is what it was supposed to be about in the first place.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

This means no more aiming for a tiny head poking above a small fence.