Thread: Recruiting on Private Servers

Recruiting on Private Servers

Think it would be best to see where the rest of the companies stand on this subject with the hope of establishing a decorum.

The reason I'm here is because within less than 24 hours we've witnessed no less than six established companies attempting to recruit on our server. My company's policy is never to recruit on a private server out of respect.

Do most view recruiting on private servers as acceptable?

CSA Captain

As a general rule of thumb, units are prohibited from recruiting on the Hoods Brigade server without getting permission first. As it stands, the only Yank unit allowed to recruit is 1st Cav. There's a few CSA units allowed to recruit as well.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Set up a rule against recruiting on your server unless they're from your company.

USA Brigadier General

well, since we are a German group and there is only a 2nd German union group out there I would make something wrong if someone would be able to recruit a German on our server

But I see where are you coming from.

Personally I don't like the text spamming especially on servers which are not mine but If you find a funny person while playing together and he asks if he could join your unit it wouldnt be a problem for me. It's something "natural" that players get interested in a unit which fits their type of gameplay.

In the end we are one community and we all should be happy if someone joined a unit because it makes our events more interesting
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Just my opinion, but advertising your company on someone else's server, without having come to some arrangement with the owner of that server, is pretty bad form.
    It isn't very gentlemen like when you actively recruit on another regiments server since they pay (a lot) for it.
    But I get some smaller regiments would have a hard time finding (good) people.
    There is also a major difference between spamming recruitment info or just talking to a person. (like Cpt. Paul Frank hinted on)
    Also a difference that some regiments have some sort of 'agreement' or 'alliance' between them, and the preferred faction. (If Union recruits on a CSA server or vice versa)
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by TRaider View Post
    Think it would be best to see where the rest of the companies stand on this subject with the hope of establishing a decorum.

The reason I'm here is because within less than 24 hours we've witnessed no less than six established companies attempting to recruit on our server. My company's policy is never to recruit on a private server out of respect.

Do most view recruiting on private servers as acceptable?
    Since different companies have different rules I usually just presuppose that they would not like it, if I know the unit is okay with it I may put out a message or two but wont spam it. I usually do my recruiting on public servers though. If a unit member who owned the server ever asked me to stop I would stop right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Personally I don't like the text spamming especially on servers which are not mine but If you find a funny person while playing together and he asks if he could join your unit it wouldnt be a problem for me. It's something "natural" that players get interested in a unit which fits their type of gameplay.
    ja.gif

When I was 12 years-old in an Mplayer chat lobby (anyone remember that? the predecessor to Gamespy... a predecessor to steam) I would do that "Would anyone like to join ha-derp-a-derp" I find mass recruiting like that incredibly annoying and unappealing. Even us bible-thumpers have a less awkward form at recruiting. Then again, I loathe all forms of marketing especially online.

Anyone can recruit on mine just don't spam the chat with it or do it mid-event. I'd be hesitant to try to ban it even if I did want to. You don't want people physically cornering players out of ear shot and doing a far-more-effective voice chat approach.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 03-13-2019 at 11:45 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Surely its a blessing in disguise, I mean, who wants recruits who play once and then join the first Company that offers recruitment.

Think of it as a form of filtering, the wheat from the chaff!
    4th Texas 'C' Company