Thread: Suspicious file

Suspicious file

Tried playing today, each time my antivirus tells me of a suspicious file in WoR that it had to remove, making WoR unplayable. Steam tries to download that file again, again the antivirus deletes it.
    Okay, uninstalled and reinstalled WoR 2 times already, the same message each time.
    WoR threat.jpgWoR threat2.jpg
    Yesterday it worked okay. My system seems clean. Infection in 10 minutes after starting download is a bit too fast, I am guessing a WoR update is walking a fine line.
    Anyone else has encountered this?
    Last edited by EneCtin; 03-14-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Hello,

Please be sure to add the War of Rights folders located in steam/steamapps/common as an exception in your anti virus software settings to get rid of false positives, then verify your game files via Steam.

- Trusty

I am reluctant to second guess my antivirus. Anyway, this problem did not occur before. Something changed since yesterday (after a few days off), so it may well be related to the last update?

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    I am reluctant to second guess my antivirus. Anyway, this problem did not occur before. Something changed since yesterday (after a few days off), so it may well be related to the last update?
    We get reports of false positives all the time.

And they are, indeed, false positives.

There's little we can do as a small indie dev as the Anti virus creators are unlikely to react on us reaching out to them.

- Trusty