Thread: How to get into War of Rights?

Question How to get into War of Rights?

I bought the game in alpha because my friend recommended it to me. It looked cool but I never committed to time to it. How would I go about joining a company and getting involved with events?

Stop by and check us out click the link in my sig. Hope to see you out there!
    Check out my Long Shots | Trick Shots | Battles on: YouTube

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Berger View Post
    I bought the game in alpha because my friend recommended it to me. It looked cool but I never committed to time to it. How would I go about joining a company and getting involved with events?
    You can find a company by playing on a server and talking to people, going on the forum and browsing the CSA/USA companies, and going to the company tool and looking at the companies there. If you want to see the most active at this time, you can view the thread which i'll post below. Before you decide on a company, I would suggest playing with a group you're interested in for a few rounds and gauge if you like their play style. To get involved in an event, all you need to do is join a company/group that attends events or you can even play by yourself if there is room. But be warned if there is a lot of people and you are a guy without tags, you might be kicked. The majority of events for both NA/EU are set during the weekend from Friday to Monday with NA events being at 8pm EST and EU events being at 4 pm EST. Have fun on the field!

If you're interested in joining a large, organized brigade that plays every weekend, you can check out my company here!
    1st Texas Company F: https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...le-Rifles-quot

List of Active Regiments: https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...War-of-Rights*
    Last edited by Saris; 03-20-2019 at 06:16 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Join a company, attend events with your company. Understand the culture of the community. You will have much more fun that way then just by popping into a random match with a bunch of unafilliated players.

My unit is currently recruiting. 1st Texas Company B is my company. If you are interested

You dont need to join a company to enjoy this game. Just hop in a drill camp, learn your controls, hop in a match as a private, listen, learn, and watch and see what your COs and NCOs are doing. Like any game you gain experience from actually joining it, but you can really learn alot by just observing others. Regiments are just basically clans really. You can join one if you want but you dont have to to really appreciate the game.

https://www.twitch.tv/captainteddybear - My twitch channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY8...CiFAYlhMjuDgRw - CaptainTeddybear's Youtube

https://discord.gg/5yK5hDS - Big Iron Gaming Discord.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/BigIronGames - Big Iron Gaming Steam group.

I might give a word of advice; very simple but not given at all sarcastically. Really just play the game and make sure to mash that T button all the time, keep track of who is speaking often that you think is really cool/nice/friendly/funny/et al. See if those folks are in a unit and if there are more than a couple of those folks, then talk to 'em.

Especially if you play during the same time-frame over multiple days (continuous or separated, the core folk of this game seem to play on the daily so you'll still catch the regulars) you will begin to encounter the same voices and personalities. Even after only a few days you'll likely be able to jump in, even as a "pubber" or whatever the nomenclature is around here, and say "hey (insert name here) man, good to see you again!" and the sentiment will be returned. From my recent experience, the community on CSA is just lovely- especially compared to very soon after the steam release. There's no dearth of kind, funny, enheartening, and decent folk. Jackasses are endemic to the human race and therefore must be taken into small consideration, of course.

As for me, I've really enjoyed fighting lately with the 1st Texas guys (Mashado or whatever that good butterbar's name is, Sgt Dap, several of their privates have been really cool and competent people), the 6th LA guys (been less recently but their CO is incredible and many of their NCOs too) and whatever Virginia outfit that Maj. Jordi is in.

*testimonial representative of playing solely CSA from the hours of 9am-3pm EST off and on*

(the heat of battle is often partially-blinding and i get people's units mixed up, sry about that)
    Last edited by Sandersson Jankins; 03-24-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandersson Jankins View Post
    I might give a word of advice; very simple but not given at all sarcastically. Really just play the game and make sure to mash that T button all the time, keep track of who is speaking often that you think is really cool/nice/friendly/funny/et al. See if those folks are in a unit and if there are more than a couple of those folks, then talk to 'em.

Especially if you play during the same time-frame over multiple days (continuous or separated, the core folk of this game seem to play on the daily so you'll still catch the regulars) you will begin to encounter the same voices and personalities. Even after only a few days you'll likely be able to jump in, even as a "pubber" or whatever the nomenclature is around here, and say "hey (insert name here) man, good to see you again!" and the sentiment will be returned. From my recent experience, the community on CSA is just lovely- especially compared to very soon after the steam release. There's no dearth of kind, funny, enheartening, and decent folk. Jackasses are endemic to the human race and therefore must be taken into small consideration, of course.

As for me, I've really enjoyed fighting lately with the 1st Texas guys (Mashado or whatever that good butterbar's name is, Sgt Dap, several of their privates have been really cool and competent people), the 6th LA guys (been less recently but their CO is incredible and many of their NCOs too) and whatever Virginia outfit that Maj. Jordi is in.

*testimonial representative of playing solely CSA from the hours of 9am-3pm EST off and on*

(the heat of battle is often partially-blinding and i get people's units mixed up, sry about that)
    Glad you enjoyed playing with one of my officers (2nd Lt Machado), we make it point to train all officers and enlisted well.

Iam considering bying this game. Unfortunately I do not own a headset. Is it possible to enjoy the game without one at least in the beginning? Could you give me some advice on an active EU-based company to join?

Tobias,

Yes, you can enjoy the game with no headset. I'm a public player with no company affiliation, and sometimes I play when talking would disturb others in the house ("Honey, honestly are you still playing that silly game? Do you know what time it is?"). Between the typed chat feature when you are not in close contact, and simple demonstration by action that you are willing to take orders, I'll think you'll find that most officers are glad to have a silent private who reliably does what he's ordered.

Every once in awhile you might hear "I need three volunteers with mikes" or somesuch, but that just means you're off the hook for the scouting or message mission, and can live and die in formation like a feller otter.

Certainly stay away from the officer and NCO spots, because other players expect verbal orders. I'm pretty sure a player who knew the game could function as an effective officer with no mike, but he'd have an uphill battle convincing players to give him a shot because a lot of the silent officers they've seen are duds.

To play and enjoy the game, a mike isn't mandatory, but even a basic, inexpensive desktop or clip-on would do the trick if you decide that you want to give leadership a try, or you may find yourself wishing that you could get in on some of the witty banter that goes on, or muting it, for that matter.

Taylor,

I'd advise you to play awhile and get a sense of how much you enjoy the game, what some of the different company officers are like (Many play in matches open to the public) and find a Company that fits your level of commitment and personality.

I get the sense from the outside looking in, so to speak, that some are more intense than others when it come to to the spirit of organization, discipline and even perhaps the role-play aspects that a military game as engaging and excellent as WoR naturally draws out, and perhaps the subject matter itself adds to the passion that many put into organized play. I'd wager that some are more serious about winning matches than others, with different expectations of the rank and file, and as in any human interaction, sometimes good people don't get along, and as in the modern military stripes and epaulets are only symbols that mere mortals wear.

The vast majority of Company players I've interacted with are great gamers, and I expect that I might join one in due course, but I enjoy the game a lot as a "pubbie" for now.

Besides, my ancestors wore both Blue and Gray, and what I consider my home State was a mere territory during time covered by WoR, and had only recently recovered from the trauma of the Pig War. It's hard for me to choose a side.
    Last edited by Msgte; 06-08-2019 at 03:36 AM.