Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Officer Quantity per side

I think with all of the measures to prevent officer Rambo, a possible bump by one in officer limit would be helpful. Or possibly even scale it based on the player count on servers?

USA Captain

I like the idea of another regiment to select.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    I like the idea of another regiment to select.
    Me too. 3 or 4 distinct regiments on the field, each with its own agenda, offering support to one another. Sounds good.
    Only conceivable downside is if all 3 or 4 officers concentrate on one spot, you get a very effective gatling gun from their 4 revolvers (even 2 revolvers can stop a charge if not coordinated enough). Other than that, is fine

Maybe 1 officer every 30 people, lower than that, those 6 shots would take out too many of the available enemy team too fast (irl, I guess, one man with a 6 shooter (5 shooter) would have counted much less )
    Last edited by EneCtin; 03-30-2019 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EneCtin View Post
    Me too. 3 or 4 distinct regiments on the field, each with its own agenda, offering support to one another. Sounds good.
    Only conceivable downside is if all 3 or 4 officers concentrate on one spot, you get a very effective gatling gun from their 4 revolvers (even 2 revolvers can stop a charge if not coordinated enough). Other than that, is fine

Maybe 1 officer every 30 people, lower than that, those 6 shots would take out too many of the available enemy team too fast (irl, I guess, one man with a 6 shooter (5 shooter) would have counted much less )
    Trusty said earlier in the thread that they are probably going to try this. They definitely need to try 3. Maybe four if the server population gets high enough and theres still room for infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    The exact 'number' of officers & Nco's was debated for a lengthy period, the main idea was to limit this class to prevent so called 'ramboing' or 'heroes of the wild west'.

However it might be nice if server admins could set the number of officers/nco's & flags so multiple regiments can have an officer/flag.
    Yes. Please.