Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: 200 Player stress tests!

  1. #1
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,818

    200 Player stress tests!

    Hey all!

    We'd like to invite you all to partake in a 200 player stress test tomorrow on the 29th of March at 2100 hours GMT/1700 hours EST.


    Do not expect great performance during the stress test - crashes and glitches might happen at an increased rate for both the server as well as your clients.

    We look forward to be seeing you all.

    - Trusty

  2. #2
    Matt(Fridge)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Secessionist Maryland
    Posts
    145
    Interesting. Thank you for trying this.

  3. #3

    CSA Captain

    Charles Caldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Across the Pond!
    Posts
    437
    Nice, thank you. Sadly Im at work but best of luck!

    Click banner to Sign up

  4. #4
    Matt(Fridge)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Secessionist Maryland
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hey all!

    We'd like to invite you all to partake in a 200 player stress test tomorrow on the 29th of March at 2200 hours GMT/1700 hours EST.


    Do not expect great performance during the stress test - crashes and glitches might happen at an increased rate for both the server as well as your clients.

    We look forward to be seeing you all.

    - Trusty
    Just curious. What made you decide to try and go right to 200 instead of slow rolling it and starting at like 170 or something?

  5. #5
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    Just curious. What made you decide to try and go right to 200 instead of slow rolling it and starting at like 170 or something?
    It's easier to get the bottlenecks/issues completely exposed that way.

    - Trusty

  6. #6

    CSA Major

    Warboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Perfect! what I've been hoping for to come by spring of 2019 and you delivered! Now the real testing begins
    Host of the Napoleon Total War American Civil War Mod Discord Server https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq

    TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

  7. #7
    Matt(Fridge)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Secessionist Maryland
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    It's easier to get the bottlenecks/issues completely exposed that way.

    - Trusty
    Okay that makes sense. You think it is now maybe time to try 3 regiments in a skirmish area?

  8. #8

    CSA Major

    Warboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    224
    Now I hope this stays on the list of servers and not just a one time deal because you won't or barely will get that number at that time, the weekend however Trusty guaranteed to fill!!!
    Host of the Napoleon Total War American Civil War Mod Discord Server https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq

    TUNNELLS ARE USELESS....so why bother anyway - Henry Wirz (Andersonville film quote)

  9. #9

    USA Major

    RhettVito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    855
    I'll be at a re-enactment well have fun y'all !
    -Vito Cpt of the 72ndPA

  10. #10
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    Okay that makes sense. You think it is now maybe time to try 3 regiments in a skirmish area?
    Not for this initial stress test, no. We'll be looking into testing it in the future however - should the 200 players work out that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Now I hope this stays on the list of servers and not just a one time deal because you won't or barely will get that number at that time, the weekend however Trusty guaranteed to fill!!!
    It will most likely be up for the weekend - depending on how well the test goes.

    - Trusty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •