Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Battalion Level Suggestions

CSA Captain

I dont believe this will be a game killer, It is natural for at least a Cavalry / Artillery to team up with 1 or 2 infantry units to get the best experience especially later on in the game and to have that manageable in the company tool

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    I dont believe this will be a game killer, It is natural for at least a Cavalry / Artillery to team up with 1 or 2 infantry units to get the best experience especially later on in the game and to have that manageable in the company tool
    Agreed, but forcing Arty.Cav.Sharpshooters and Infantry to group up in a battalion based on where there companies were historically speaking, is a recipe for disaster. That doesn't take into account the relationships (or lack there of) that current companies have formed with others.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStaples View Post
    Agreed, but forcing Arty.Cav.Sharpshooters and Infantry to group up in a battalion based on where there companies were historically speaking, is a recipe for disaster. That doesn't take into account the relationships (or lack there of) that current companies have formed with others.
    No I don't believe that is a good idea, also don't believe anybody from the community has said(requested) this should be a thing. The historical aspect should be in the game-play itself not how we as players / communities / clans want to form up. But that is my opinion of course.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

USA Captain

The battalion tool should be just that for historical battalions within a regiment. No cross breeding between branches for this level.

To Staples point, you are in the 9th Corp because you were in the 9th Corp at Antietam. So if we ever get a Corp tool, we would be in the same level.

I would not support any of the developers time/energy/resources on developing a tool for non-historical accurate associations. If someone from the community can make something, all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    almost no corporations in this community are allied with units of their historical brigades. Hood's Brigade being the obvious exception.
    And 9th Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    The battalion tool should be just that for historical battalions within a regiment. No cross breeding between branches for this level.

To Staples point, you are in the 9th Corp because you were in the 9th Corp at Antietam. So if we ever get a Corp tool, we would be in the same level.

I would not support any of the developers time/energy/resources on developing a tool for non-historical accurate associations. If someone from the community can make something, all for it.

And 9th Corp.
    Okay then you should only fight your historical opponent. And be historical correct. Stay only on your skirmish map and don't walk around to much on the Antietam map outside of your historical battle area.

Nothing against you or the 9th in any way just pointing out the historical restrictions you want to enforce on the company tool.

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Okay then you should only fight your historical opponent. And be historical correct. Stay only on your skirmish map and don't walk around to much on the Antietam map outside of your historical battle area.

Nothing against you or the 9th in any way just pointing out the historical restrictions you want to enforce on the company tool.
    Whoa we are talking across purposes here. What was being said is that the battalion/Regiment tool be used for is historical regiments: like 4th Texas, 7th Michigan, etc. The Brigade/corps tool is what is being suggested for later for different a historical regiments to group together with artillery and cavalry if they so choose.

So the distinction needs to be made between both.

The common recommendations seem to be to allow rhe companies in a Regiment to band together first and select their leadership. Once we have that system working the next level can be created by the dev team. Small steps gents... No is suggesting historical forcing through the whole system. But I agree lets start small and get the regiments/battalions working first on the website and then go from there.

I don't agree with small steps that only work for a tiny part of the community. Work on the bigger picture long term.

And my comment is true to the fact that some members are all into historical accuracy which you will only find to a small extend. So working on a small step like that what's the point. It's a management system for clans

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    I don't agree with small steps that only work for a tiny part of the community. Work on the bigger picture long term.

And my comment is true to the fact that some members are all into historical accuracy which you will only find to a small extend. So working on a small step like that what's the point. It's a management system for clans
    I am sure its all going to get worked on but Rome wasn't built in a day. Instead of trying to do it all at once with coding you have to show proof of concept. The voting or selection methods being discussed here need to get rolled out in stages to make sure it works. First for regiments/battalions and then brigades and corps. It's not about being for a small group of the community it's about design, implementation, and workflow for the dev team. They are not a AAA studio and we all want things like artillery and South Mountain / etc. Let's make sure we can give them good suggestions on what we would like to see as far as group management from regiments to corps and let them test the implantation. It's easier to do it in stages instead of all at once, hence why we have the company tool first.

im sure its all going to get worked on also. Lets make sure we can give them good suggestions on what we would like to see as far as it being a clan management tool yeah exactly what I suggest. Suggestions are also given in sharing opinions about the feedback from others on this matter. Nobody has to agree with each other here, nobody has to share the same views.
    And thank you for letting me know they are not a AAA studio I did not know that after 2 years.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post

And 9th Corp.
    I guess I should be more clear about my meaning here. The 9th Corp discord/ organization within the WarOfRights community. My point earlier was that I wouldn't have been part of this group; if we didn't already have a pre-existing relationship with the Companies and their Commanders in game. Historical accuracy is all well and good, but it doesn't work in game if the actual people representing these units don't work well together. We work well with Tyler/ the 9th and Lindy/the 17th. So for us, being part of the "9th Corp" makes sense. Others may not feel the same way about the Corp that they would be thrown into.

Just an opinion.