Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment (7WVA) USA flag 1864 and photo uniforms

7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment (7WVA) USA flag 1864 and photo uniforms

Hi all!

Springfield muskets stacked by the Soldiers from Company B of the 7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment, fighting for the Union. July 1861

1st Lieutenant Eli. C. Henthorm later Captain. Company H, 7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment. Wounded at the Battle of Cold Harbor

I search this photo in FB reenactment 7WV Co. I

7th West Virginia Volunteer Infantry Regiment 1864 Regimental Flag. West Virginia State Archives

Lt. Col. John G. Kelley 7th W. V. Infantry (son of Gen B. F. Kelley)

I ask anyone sent more photos or arts etc. about 7WVA infantry regiment.

Antietam

Colonel Snider’s horse was killed under him as the regiment fought at the Sunken Road.

From the brigade marker on the Antietam battlefield at the Sunken Road:

Kimball’s Brigade, following Weber and Morris, encountered the enemy in the Bloody Lane and in the cornfield to the south.

The contest there was of the most desperate character, and continued until afternoon when, supported on the left by Richardson’s Division, the Brigade attacked the enemy and gained the Bloody Lane.

An attack on the right flank was made and repulsed by a change of front of the Ohio and Indiana Regiments, forming the right wing of the Brigade in its final assault on the enemy’s position.

Gettysburg

The regiment was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Jonathan H. Lockwood, who was wounded by “grapeshot” and whose horse was killed under him. It brought 319 men to the field, of whom 5 were killed, 41 wounded and 1 missing.

From their monument:

At dusk July 2nd Carroll’s Brigade was ordered by General Hancock to this point. On arriving there we found the Battery about to be taken charge of by the enemy who were in large force. Whereupon we immediately charged on the enemy and succeeded in completely routing their entire force and driving them beyond our lines.

http://civilwarintheeast.com/us-regi...west-virginia/

More about the 7th WV Company B 1864-1865:

http://www.lindapages.com/wvcw/7wvi/7wvi-companyb.htm

And more:

http://www.researchonline.net/wvcw/unit14.htm

Books on the 7th:

https://www.amazon.com/Bloody-Sevent.../dp/1985107171
    https://kansaspress.ku.edu/978-0-7006-2753-0.html
    Last edited by Rbater; 04-13-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Oh! Thank you, so sad. Books to much expensive for me now! Maybe anyone have photos about uniform 7WVA? Or is it like a other Union company?

Does that reenactment group have a uniform page; like what type of equipment you need to join?

FACEBOOK group
    I don't understand your last post. But i wanna know all elements uniform. To imagine what they might look like. How was it like?
    Just judging from the photos, they didn't have any big differences in uniforms with the other regiments. But such officers were not only caps, but hats with brims. Also among the soldiers were not only caps, but also just hats. Really don't like the officers. Thank you for help in this researching!

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    FACEBOOK group
    I don't understand your last post. But i wanna know all elements uniform. To imagine what they might look like. How was it like?
    Just judging from the photos, they didn't have any big differences in uniforms with the other regiments. But such officers were not only caps, but hats with brims. Also among the soldiers were not only caps, but also just hats. Really don't like the officers. Thank you for help in this researching!
    I am assuming you are referring to a wide brimmed slouch hat? A civilian style hat instead of the military Kepi. He is asking if the reenacting group you posted a picture from above has a website where they describe the uniforms of the unit. Most reenactment groups research that stuff very thoroughly and members may even be descendant of the original men themselves and may even have some original gear. That is a good place to research.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    I am assuming you are referring to a wide brimmed slouch hat? A civilian style hat instead of the military Kepi. He is asking if the reenacting group you posted a picture from above has a website where they describe the uniforms of the unit. Most reenactment groups research that stuff very thoroughly and members may even be descendant of the original men themselves and may even have some original gear. That is a good place to research.
    Sry! But i find only Facebook group of reenactors. No one more.

Yes, Virginians but enemies and would-be oppressors none-the-less! (Nice thread btw )

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Dixon View Post
    Yes, Virginians but enemies and would-be oppressors none-the-less! (Nice thread btw )
    Hah, maybe! I'm from Russia and I would like to know why the oppressors?

Quote Originally Posted by SUWAROW View Post
    Hah, maybe! I'm from Russia and I would like to know why the oppressors?
    He's saying that since West Virginia = Union, and Union and Lincoln were viewed as oppressors and a tyrant by the Confederacy and Virginia.