Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Teamkill recipient messages, removal of

  1. #11
    At the very minimum a player should be able to tell who's TKing them. That's just a fundamental right for gamers, I'll be damned if I'm going to have to speculate who just shot me in the back of the head execution style.

    The chat screen is almost worthless because not many people watch it and most people move around in a blob which doesn't necessitate a lot of written chat and you can't chat with the enemy team (for better or worse). Hence using it to make server announcements is not ideal for getting the word out either. That's why the only chat in there is about recruitment and TKs. During the span of an entire round on a full server you might get 10 lines of chat.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s


    Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

  2. #12
    I would rather the team kill show everyone who does the dirty deed, like it was 6 months ago.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by [5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll View Post
    I would rather the team kill show everyone who does the dirty deed, like it was 6 months ago.
    I'm gonna get my Grump on here for a minute...

    I always supported the TK message, but it can serve to be completely humiliating experience and makes me not as excited to play as I was about a month ago. esp when you TK some idiot who runs out in front of you. I've just now make sure I err on the side of not shooting at all if I am not sure , or simply not play anymore.

    What really bugs me is idiots responding "KNOW THE UNIFORMS". Well, when they are in the cornfield or too far away they ALL look like the same goddamn uniforms. Anyway, TK messages now make me not want to play as it's an invite to all sorts of abuse by the community. If this game depends on more and more people playing, expanding the player base, then what's going to degrade that is a public gangbang by the flying monkeys of in-game chat.

    I TK'd an officer last week because I was told to guard the enemies downed flag and the officer for some dumb reason came thru the cornfield toward the downed flag. Its not always the fault of the person who TK'd someone. Sometimes it's the idiot who got TK'd. But try explaining that to the complaining horde in chat. I haven't played since that incident because of the bullshit I got. (and to be honest I've been sick, too. )

    I'd prefer a private message to the person who TKs instead of the public humiliation. The community is toxic enough, thank you. There's no reason to encourage it,.

    Grump over.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    At the very minimum a player should be able to tell who's TKing them. That's just a fundamental right for gamers, I'll be damned if I'm going to have to speculate who just shot me in the back of the head execution style.

    Help me understand. If the person who TKs you gets the message and the warning they could get banned ...why is it helpful to your gameplay to know who did it?

  5. #15
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    I'd prefer a private message to the person who TKs instead of the public humiliation. The community is toxic enough, thank you. There's no reason to encourage it,.
    Hello.

    Just to clarify: this is how the system currently is.

    If you TK another player you and the TK'ed player will be notified in the chat.

    Server admins see all TK's done.

    - Trusty

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Hello.

    Just to clarify: this is how the system currently is.

    If you TK another player you and the TK'ed player will be notified in the chat.

    Server admins see all TK's done.

    - Trusty
    So *only* the TK'd and the person who TK'd them get a message? Then how does everyone else know? Because I see in chat when someone TKs someone else.

  7. #17
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    So *only* the TK'd and the person who TK'd them get a message? Then how does everyone else know? Because I see in chat when someone TKs someone else.
    You do?

    Anyone else able to verify this? (non server admins) screenshots would be excellent as well.

    You should only see the TK's you inflict/are inflicted to you.

    - Trusty

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    You do?

    Anyone else able to verify this? (non server admins) screenshots would be excellent as well.

    You should only see the TK's you inflict/are inflicted to you.

    - Trusty
    Unless it's a trick of the NyQuil i'm guzzling, I am sure of it.

  9. #19

    USA Captain

    Pvt. Dane Karlsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    37
    There is a very simple solution for this. Excuse your TK and the far majority of the players will forgive the TK.....

  10. #20
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    Unless it's a trick of the NyQuil i'm guzzling, I am sure of it.
    I get all reports as I'm a dev so I can't easily test it for myself but I've seen several recent youtube videos that all seem to work as intended (except for the "you were killed by" message being shown twice instead of once).

    People like to tweak a lot of server stuff (which is currently too freely available for the state the game is in - it muddies the reports we're getting, essentially makes the report less useful to us as we don't know if it indeed is a bug or someone just tweaked their server).

    You might have played on a server where such tweaks were in place.

    - Trusty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •