Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teamkill recipient messages, removal of

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt. Dane Karlsen View Post
    There is a very simple solution for this. Excuse your TK and the far majority of the players will forgive the TK.....
    I always apologize profusely. and normally people do to me. But there are the times when it gets ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I get all reports as I'm a dev so I can't easily test it for myself but I've seen several recent youtube videos that all seem to work as intended (except for the "you were killed by" message being shown twice instead of once).

People like to tweak a lot of server stuff (which is currently too freely available for the state the game is in - it muddies the reports we're getting, essentially makes the report less useful to us as we don't know if it indeed is a bug or someone just tweaked their server).

You might have played on a server where such tweaks were in place.

- Trusty
    I'm positive i've seen it but I can't say what servers they were on. If it happens again I'll SS it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    I'm positive i've seen it but I can't say what servers they were on. If it happens again I'll SS it.
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

- Trusty

I always apologize profusely. and normally people do to me. But there are the times when it gets ugly.
    I type the same message every time i team kill someone by accident.. "I am so sorry =("...

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by [5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll View Post
    I type the same message every time i team kill someone by accident.. "I am so sorry =("...
    And we all know how much Capt. Carroll is in tune with TK's

Help me understand. If the person who TKs you gets the message and the warning they could get banned ...why is it helpful to your gameplay to know who did it?
    I always record every time I play. I've already gotten people kicked out of units for trolling with video of it. Commanders don't like they're people to put on a bad display like that on are grateful for help watching over recruits. It's hard to dispute when someone points and executes you, as seldom as it might happen, when the game declares it for you to see.

Also there's a big difference between 'accidental' TKs and purposeful ones. It gives no context to the TK when players don't even know when they were murdered or not. The admin might have a suspicion a particular player has a habit of TKing but not know the context of the TKs which show up. When one player says he did it on purpose... and another player later says it then or a different day, you've got an obvious troll. And people will troll. They'll say "I'm done for the day ... where's that guy I didn't like *BOOM* and disconnect. Good admining involves filtering out those borderline psychopaths who tip-toe at the edge of the acceptable behavior when they have to. Fortunately things have quieted down a lot since December.

In my opinion the chat box should be a little different and more subtle showing up faded and then only displaying fully when you press enter to open it up. Chat is distracting for some people while others are able to ignore it entirely. The nature of the game makes it less useful and less noticed anyway.

We don't need a forgive system. I still haven't been autobanned on any server ever. I think I TK a person once a week on average, if even. Forgive systems teach people to shoot first and ask questions later. Players should not shoot recklessly at unidentified people. You can learn. I promise. Even if you don't want to.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 05-22-2019 at 02:02 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I always record every time I play. I've already gotten people kicked out of units for trolling with video of it. Commanders don't like they're people to put on a bad display like that on are grateful for help watching over recruits. It's hard to dispute when someone points and executes you, as seldom as it might happen, when the game declares it for you to see.

Also there's a big difference between 'accidental' TKs and purposeful ones. It gives no context to the TK when players don't even know when they were murdered or not. The admin might have a suspicion a particular player has a habit of TKing but not know the context of the TKs which show up. When one player says he did it on purpose... and another player later says it then or a different day, you've got an obvious troll. And people will troll. They'll say "I'm done for the day ... where's that guy I didn't like *BOOM* and disconnect. Good admining involves filtering out those borderline psychopaths who tip-toe at the edge of the acceptable behavior when they have to. Fortunately things have quieted down a lot since December.

In my opinion the chat box should be a little different and more subtle showing up faded and then only displaying fully when you press enter to open it up. Chat is distracting for some people while others are able to ignore it entirely. The nature of the game makes it less useful and less noticed anyway.

We don't need a forgive system. I still haven't been autobanned on any server ever. I think I TK a person once a week on average, if even. Forgive systems teach people to shoot first and ask questions later. Players should not shoot recklessly at unidentified people. You can learn. I promise. Even if you don't want to.
    OK, I can see that then. Thank you.

I figure the guy who TK'd me on accident prolly feels worse about it than I do, and if I get an apology or not from somebody I don't know without a company tag then I'll say "good shooting just check the target next time" or "np hit T in melee it helps" and move on.

If it's somebody with a company tag or who I recognize I assume it's just fog of war and they already know better and a simple "NP" or "happens mate" works.

I've yet to be banned for TKs, and I'm an old blind guy. Makes me wonder how many times I've drawn a bead on a teammate and missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Msgte View Post
    I figure the guy who TK'd me on accident prolly feels worse about it than I do, and if I get an apology or not from somebody I don't know without a company tag then I'll say "good shooting just check the target next time" or "np hit T in melee it helps" and move on.

If it's somebody with a company tag or who I recognize I assume it's just fog of war and they already know better and a simple "NP" or "happens mate" works.

I've yet to be banned for TKs, and I'm an old blind guy. Makes me wonder how many times I've drawn a bead on a teammate and missed.
    "

I'm old and not exactly blind yet, but it's getting closer. I practically have my nose up against the monitor in order to try and spy an enemy sometimes.

But, that reminds me. This is a niche game in a few ways. But one of the ways it's a 'niche' is it's basically tailored (by accident I assume) for us older people who have found in PvP type gaming and hand- eye' coordination and especially reflex are not what they were in your 20s 30s or 40s. In this game there is not an action bar with half a dozen or more abilities, it's basically one or two. There's no split second required jumping, strafing and shooting. It's very basic hand to hand when hand to hand actually happens. That's what intrigued me about this game in the first place.

I'm not saying you have to be old to like this game, I'm saying for people with the conditions I mentioned, I would think would gravitate to modes of PvP like this. Maybe a good player base for this game will skewer toward an older population.